Salut les filles :))
If you can't tell by the title of my post, my maquillage du jour is inspired by the one and only Scarlett Johansson. The look I'm replicating today was worn by Miss Scarlett to Sunday's Academy Awards. Although, she got a lot of hate from the fashion police, I think she was by far the best dressed on the red carpet, and certainly deserves an award for her makeup and gown. Besides, who made Giuliana and Kelly Osbourne experts anyway?... they know nothing about looking good. With that said, my beautiful muse receives the Scarlett Letter A from moi :))
P. S. In this look, I will not be pretending like I'm Scarlett Jo; I'm not blond and I look nothing like her (shucks), so I'll be applying the makeup as I would on moi :))
ABOUT THE LOOK: Perfect for blue eyed beauties, but will most certainly bring out those browns as well!! Keep in mind that my pics are very washed out due to the inescapable bright sun, so although this look may seem very wearable, it is actually a rather dramatic night time look. You can definitely play it down and make it more day appropriate if you choose, so I'll point out the optional steps you could skip :))
PERFECT FOR: The Oscars, of course... but also great for an evening date, a party, a photo or video shoot (your eyes will not be washed out!!) and any formal or fancy event/outing where you plan on taking lots of pictures. Maryam Maquillage got you covered!!!
TO ACHIEVE: Start with the face. Moisturize, prime and prep with the products that work for you and apply concealer under the eyes, around the nose and on any blemishes and discolorations. Scarlett's canvas is flawless and for this look, perfect skin is not an option.
Products Used for Face: Laura Mercier mineral foundation primer; Lancome Maquicomplet concealer in Medium Bisque; Bare Minerals matte foundation in Golden Medium & Light.
THE EYES: I used mostly Urban Decay shadows from various palettes, Nars Albatross for highlighting, and several NYX jumbo pencils as bases.
- Prime the lids using an eye shadow primer.
- Take a gold sticky base and apply it all over the lid and under the eye (optional if you're going for a daytime look).
- Take a bronze sticky base and contour the shape of the gold base, blending it out with your finger (also optional). Notice that on Scarlett, the color is concentrated directly under the brow. This shape is not the typical one I go for normally.
- Take a black pencil liner and line your top lash line, leaving the inner third blank. Do not wing out the liner.
- With a matte black shadow (Zero--UD) on a smudge brush, lightly smudge and seal the pencil.
- Take a gold shadow (Half Baked--UD) on a flat brush and pack it on top of your lid, concentrating on the center and inner portion under the brow.
- For the inner tear duct, use a pale gold shadow (Nars Albatross)
- With the same flat brush, take a bronze color (I used a shadow from a Russian palette) and pack it all over the outer portion of the lid, half way up to the brow.
- Use a clean dome shaped brush to blend out the harsh edges
- Rim the waterline with a gold pencil (NYX jumbo pencil in pure gold) and seal it with a light gold shadow (Nars Albatross). This gives the most ethereal effect to your waterline... dreamy :)
- Take a dark bronze-y shadow (Smog--UD) on a pencil brush and line the bottom waterline from the center to the outer corner
- Next, take a gunmetal silver gray (Gunmetal--UD) on a smudge brush and smudge over the top lash line where you applied the black shadow. This creates the most unusual color combo and does wonders to blue eyes!!
- Take your light gold highlighter on a dome brush and apply it under the outer portion of the brow, around the eye on the temple, and on top of your cheekbones (optional if you want a more wearable look)
- Coat you lashes with mascara and add falsies if you wish. I added half lashes because Scarlett's are quite subtle.
LIPS: I used a purplish gloss Diva by L'Oreal
This Gold Shadow shines like the SUN
And my hair as the rays :)
That's one chick I like to look at. Not only is she beautiful, but deservingly so, she is also considered a darn good actress. I like me some Scarlett Jo. Def my girl crush... and that dress is HOT!!!
Moreover, Scarlett's a natural beauty... her nose isn't button-sized and her teeth aren't toilet bowl white, but she is more beautiful than she could ever be!!! Hooray Scarlett, for not going under the knife like the rest of your Hollywood chums. Hooray for celebs with a brain!!! If I could look like any celebrity for a day, I'd definitely choose to look like Scarlet Johansson, she is one hot naturally gorgeous mama :)))
MORE MARYAM MAQUILLAGE
Love the Bronze, Gold, and Gunmetal shadows combo
I feel pretty oh so pretty!! Now that I've fixed my face!!!