Salut mes amis!!!
Thank you so much for the love on my previous post, I'm so glad you all approve of my new bangs. Having said that, today's post is sans bangs, featuring a makeup look I wore last week, pre-haircut. I wanted to do something different from my usual purple and teal looks, and also wanted to keep the maquillage simple and wearable, in case any of you might want to try it. I used just two eyeshadow colors--yellow and pink for a cute look called Bananaberry (a name I just made up), paired it with a barely there lip and the rest is history!!!
Read more for pix & info
Coastal Scents 88 Prism Palette: 3rd Yellow from bottom, 1st & 5th Pink from bottom
GET THE LOOK: Start by priming your lids with a white sticky base. NYX's white base works perfectly here because it cancels out any discoloration on your "canvas".
- Apply a matte yellow shadow on your lid staying under the crease
- Using a fluffy brush, apply a pale pink shadow directly above the yellow and blend it up towards the eyebrow
- Apply some pale pink to the inner tear duct
- For extra definition, apply a darker or brighter pink to the outer corner and blend it out (this step is optional)
- Use the yellow shadow as a highlight under the brow and blend with the pink. I sprayed my brush with some MAC Fix + spray and applied the shadow wet for better color payoff.
- Line the top lash line, curl your lashes and apply mascara to top and bottom lashes
With a bright eye look, keep the lips simple and neutral. I lined mine with NYX lip liner in light brown
Eyes open and closed with flash (click-zoom for details)
Pink + yellow = sweet and mellow
Love this color combo! It's subtle but effective, don't ya think?