Since summer is my favorite season and bronzing on the beach is one of my favorite summer activities, the next few posts will feature my favorite makeup looks perfect for that tan-errific skin. Do keep in mind that I'm a big advocate of sticking to moderation, so please be reasonable when tanning and do not overexpose yourself to the harmful sun rays, especially if you're fair skinned. Remember, a little vitamin D goes a long way and so does a lot of SPF :))) Now, on to the maquillage!
Gold-n-Glowing: yellow gold on the eyes, rose gold on the lips... who said metals can't be mix-n-matched?
Read more if you like what you see :))
On my eyes, I'm wearing: most eye shadows are from the Urban Decay Naked palette & Honey is from the Urban Decay Shadow Box... just go get yours if you haven't already :)))
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Honey (lid)
- UD e/s in Buck (crease)
- UD e/s in Naked (to blend out Buck)
- UD e/s in Virgin (inner corner)
- UD 24/7 eye liner in Whiskey
- UD e/s in Smog (over liner)
On my lips, I'm wearing:
- NYX lipliner in Soft Brown
- NYX Mega Shine lip gloss in Smokey Look
- Maybelline Hi-shine lip color in Flesh Light (center)
On my face, I'm wearing:
- Bare Minerals original foundation in Golden Medium mixed with Bare Minerals Warmth
- Nars highlighter/blush in Albatross (tops of cheekbones & down the nose)
Simple everyday maquillage to add a little glow to your sun-kissed skin :)
Another disclaimer about tanning: I tan extremely fast & dark, and when I do, the texture and condition of my skin improve dramatically. I read a study suggesting that some people who tan easily may even benefit from the sun and may need a certain dosage of sun-acquired vitamin D. Don't know how true it is, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on this subject.