It's eerily quiet and still in NYC... public transportation is out of service and store aisles are empty... big X's criss cross most windows... everyone is awaiting Irene... My dad's borough of Staten Island has been evacuated and he fled to Canada... statuses are updating, tweeting, and buzzing at lightning speed, yet there is no sight of Irene... except when she appears on my caller ID as my mom... her name is Irene :)
I'm not a doubter, skeptic and/or conspiracy theorist, but I'm basking in the calm before the storm with my beer in my hand and my keyboard under my fingertips. Call it capitalizing, but I'm a blogger and I gotta follow the buzz while my electricity is still on. So, enough about Irene (sorry mom); time for my hurricane themed maquillage du jour worn last week on another stormy day for my friend Kenya's bday.
Read more for products, suggestions, and pix :)
Check out "Irene's" reflection in the mirror; light & bright outside my window :)
EYES: Urban Decay Ammo Palette & NYX 10 Color Palette in Haute Model. With the exception of a few colors, I find these two palettes very similar, and since NYX is much cheaper, it's a pretty close dupe to the Ammo Palette :))
- Urban Decay Grifter eyeshadow marked with "M" (lid)
- NYX e/s: Shimmery pale pink (inner corner and highlight under the brow), dark silver (crease), and gunmetal (outer "v") all marked with "M"
- Benefit Erase Paste concealer in Dark 03 (incredible, magic eraser type stuff :)
- Clinique cream liner in True Black *not shown*
- Buxom gel liner/shadow in Schnauzer (lower lash line)
- L'Oréal Telescopic Mascara in Blackest Black (top lashes)
- LaSplash mascara in Electric Eel (lower lashes) *not used for this look, sorry for the mistake*
- Ardell Whispies (false lashes)
I love the Whispies because they are very dramatic and natural at the same time (an impossible combination)
- NYX lipliner in Natural
- Rimmel lipstick in Airy Fairy (gooorgeous, ethereal, purplish nude--one of my favorites)
- Maybelline lip polish in Baby Mauve (pale beige/mauve)
view from above, loving those lashes :)
All laced up with the beautiful bday girl. Kenya says it always rains on her bday...
I say rain gods never leave her without a prezzie from above :)))
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com