Joyeux les Week-End!!
As you can see, today's post is featuring my nail art of the week and this time it's a bit fishy. I wanted to do something with animal prints, but since most animal skins have been played out by everyone, I decided to go with fish scales. I haven't seen a lot of fishy nail art, so I thought I'd give it a go. It's kinda weird and abstract up close, but from far away it simply looks like a textured purple mani. Anyway, here it is: purple-y, scaly, sequin, festive, abstract, ombre, mermaid-ish, strange and exciting nail art of the week!!!
Read more to learn how I did it :))
Creating nail art has become a sort of hobby of mine. Painting at a small scale takes precision, concentration, and patience; hence it feels so rewarding once the "masterpiece" is finished! I'm not sure why I'm so captivated by this process, but whatever it is, it takes me away from my daily nonsense and allows me to dream and fade away. Must be the endorphins...
For today's nails, I used the following nail polishes and applied them one color at a time on all ten fingers using dots to create the rows of scales. I layered each following row of dots "scales" over the previous row on all ten fingers and continued in the same fashion until I reached the end or the root of my nail. I went for a gradient effect and kept the darkest colors at the tip of the nail and the lightest colors at the root to make my fingers look longer. For dark skinned girls, the opposite is true: darkest color at the root and lightest color at the tip.
- Revlon Nail Enamel in Plum Attraction
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in Jungle Fever
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in #s122
- Sinful Colors Nail Enamel in Dream On
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Rockstar Pink
- Sinful Colors Nail Enamel in Verbena
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in #s125
- Duri Rejuvacote Nail Growth System used as a base and top coat (as always)
- Sephora by OPI Nail Colour in Charge It
- Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Gold
In different lighting, the scales / sequins are less obvious
What do you think? To Nail Art or Not to Nail Art? ;)