Salut mes belles!!
Happy Sunday!! With the holidays approaching ever so quickly, I've been getting a lot of requests for seasonal makeup looks, so the rest of the month will be dedicated to festive evening looks for the special occasion. I'll try to be as versatile as possible and include office appropriate looks as well as more specialized ones for both Christmas and Hanukkah. Today's maquillage is a classic Hollywood starlet inspired look featuring red (and a pinch of green), as it is probably the most worn color pop of the season. This look is simple enough for an office party, but can also be worn to a sexy Mistletoe singles mingle. Thank you all for your requests, comments, and questions--keep 'em comin'!!!
Mistletoe Mistress is in character :)))
Read more for pix & deets!!
- NYX 10 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Secret World--Taupe & Champagne eye shadows indicated on the pic above. I chose the shimmery neutrals from this palette because they go perfectly with the pop of green liner.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette--Naked & Buck--used to blend out the shimmery neutrals. I told you I use this palette every day and for every occasion!!
- Bobbi Brown gel liner in Forest Shimmer Ink--perfect non-cliché holiday green color :)
- NYX glitter liner in Gold--used in the inner part of the lower lash line--gives the eye a beautiful surreal sparkle
- Carlo di Roma nude eyeliner used in the waterline to make the eyes pop
- Ardell false lashes in Wispies--the more you use them the more natural they look--this pair was used about 5 times prior to this application :) *not pictured
- L'Oréal Telescopic mascara in Blackest Black--used heavily on the falsies *not pictured
- NYX eye liner in Charcoal--used to fill in my brows *not pictured
- Benefit Erase Paste in Dark--under eye concealer *not pictured
- MAC sheertone blush in Gingery--the name says it all!
- NYX lip liner in Plush Red
- Revlon super lustrous creme lipstick in Fire & Ice--essential for a mistress-y lip!
- Bare Minerals matte foundation in Golden Medium *not pictured
The sources of my inspiration :))
Ravishing Red Classic Hollywood beauty Ava Gardner & her pin-up hair
& Red Hot Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf at her baby shower
On to my Photo-op :))
Not exactly Blair's dress or Ava's hair, but inspired nonetheless :))
To get my easy pin-up waves, put your near-dry hair in a diy
sock bun and let it dry all the way. Release the bun et voila!