Bonjour mes amis,
Question: How many of you prefer natural makeup over dramatic makeup?
Confession: I DO... *
*For every day, that is :)))
Every day does not mean school, work or shopping--these are all responsibilities that we wish weren't a part of our daily lives--hence, we want to look our best when are trying to achieve, accomplish and earn so that we can do the things we really like to do. What I'm taking about is something we New Yorkers like to refer to as CHILLIN'... We go to school and work, we run errands and pay our bills, we hustle and bustle, so that we can ultimately just chill. One can chill in front of the TV with a glass of wine or on a beach with a stack of magazines and a piña colada or simply sober on a nature trail, so whatever tickles your fancy, you can chill anyway you like!! For my chill occasions, I like to be simple: "no makeup" makeup, natural hair, my sweats and my smile :))) Off I go!
Read more to see my makeup breakdown!
I prefer to wear no makeup at home, however, I'll put on a little something if I know I'll be stepping out throughout the day. This simple "no makeup" makeup look took me no more that 5 minutes to put on and instantly made me feel natural, yet comfortable in my own skin. My pix were taken on a chill Sunday that consisted of a walk in the park, lunch at a local Thai spot, laundry-day, skype-dates, and winding down in front of the TV avec du vin...
For this "No Makeup" CHILL look, I used the following makeup products:
- Benefit Erase Paste in 03 (Dark)--a must-have concealer for natural makeup looks--the peachy undertone neutralizes the blue in dark circles and makes them disappear out of sight.
- Bare Minerals matte foundation in Golden Medium--the buildable coverage of this mineral foundation is perfect for a natural look. Apply a sheer layer all over your face and a bit more on your trouble zones to hide imperfections.
- Bare Minerals all-over color in Glee--same as the foundation, a little goes a long way, so use it sparingly to add a bit of color to your cheeks.
- Shu Uemura eyelash curler--give yourself the appearance of bigger eyes by curling your lashes.
- NYX eye liner pencil in Charcoal--gray eye liner is more natural than black.
- Benefit Benetint--this cheek/lip stain gives the most natural, beautiful, rosy color one can ever get from a bottle. One swipe of Benetint on each lip + chapstick or lip balm results in a fresh, kissable and dewy pout.
- NYX lip liner in Natural--outline only if you must :))
How do you CHILL?