Salut les filles!! Today's post is a popularly requested how-to, showing my easy day-to-night makeup transformation. If you are heading straight to happy hour after work and need a quick beauty boost, keep reading to find out what you'll need to go from office appropriate "Plain Jane" to party mode "Mary
am Jane" in less than 5 minutes!! P. S. No pun intended with the title :))
Read more for products, pix, deets, etc.
To get my Plain Jane look, here's everything I used at home:
- Bare Minerals matte foundation in Golden Medium
- Benefit Erase Paste in Dark(concealer)
- MAC Sheertone Blush in Gingerly
- Clinique brush-on cream liner in True Black
- NYX lipliner in Natural
I would hardly call this a "look", but this is what I wore on a drizzly Monday morning... My eyes are always puffy and swollen whenever I wake up earlier than usual, so my way of bringing them back to life is to use the "Asian cat eye liner" method. The difference between the classic cat eye and the Asian cat eye is that the classic style cat eye gradually thickens from the center of the eye, whereas the Asian liner is thick throughout the entire lash line. Obviously, this style is best suited for Asian shaped eyes or eyes with small lids and I use it mostly to conceal puffiness. I also like this style because it eliminates the need for mascara :)
I used the following products to take my daytime makeup to nighttime. It seems like a lot of products, but really it's just a handful and can fit in any makeup bag :))
- Lancome Maquicomplet concealer in Medium Bisque-- I used this concealer over my Benefit concealer to brighten the under eye area. This is a crucial step for evening lighting and makeup.
- Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on pencil in Zero-- To amp up "Asian cat eye", I smudged a bit of black eyeliner under my lower lash line. This step makes the eyes dramatically bigger and brighter.
- Sephora eyeshadow in Aspen Summit-- I used my pinky finger to apply a dot of shimmery white eyeshadow to the inner tear duct
- L'Oréal Voluminous mascara in Carbon Black-- mascara is everything. I like thick, chunky, voluminous lashes for nighttime.
- NYX candy glitter liner in Crystal-- no evening look is complete without a pinch of glitter. I used a silver tone glitter liner in the inner tear duct, over the white eyeshadow
- Duo lash adhesive in Dark Tone
- Ardell Accents Lashes in 305-- optional, yet very necessary :)
- Nars Albatross highlighter-- best highlighter ever made!! I applied this on the tops of my cheekbones and anywhere I needed to shine :)
- Dior Addict High Shine lipstick in Backstage Pink (554) -- I chose this lipstick as my day to night transformation lipstick because it is both glossy and pigmented. Since it comes in lipstick form, it is super easy to use, not messy at all and wears off beautifully, leaving the mouth with a gorgeous stain of color. Perfect for a night out!
Voila! Mary Jane look complete!