Salut mes amis and Congratulations to 'the Artist' and Jean Dujardin for sweeping the Oscars last night!!! I said it on FB and I'll say it again, I LOVE THE FRENCH!!! I was also really proud of Octavia Spencer, she was so cute in her acceptance speech, and Meryl Streep, even though it was her gazillionth Academy win... all in all, I wasn't disappointed and I thoroughly enjoyed covering the Oscars fashion on Twitter and Facebook!
P. S. The Dictator vs. Ryan Seacrest = EPIC
P. S. The Dictator vs. Ryan Seacrest = EPIC
In today's Oscar's fashion and beauty assessment, I am featuring all the looks that I liked and some that I didn't get. This time, I'm not issuing a report card as I did with my Golden Globes assessment, because to me, all the choices were on the rather safe side. The above collage features some of my favorites:
- Shailene Woodley (The Descendants) in an unforgettable, figure hugging Valentino Couture
- Angelina Jolie--fierce, fearless and fashionably late in a black velvet Atelier Versace gown. Thanks to its thigh high side slit, Angie's right leg now has its own Twitter account!
- Emma Stone--my favorite new it-girl--in a darling big bow fuchsia gown by Giambattista Valli
Read full post for more fashion faves & beauty assessment!
Cream sleeves, capes and gowns
- Shailene Woodley is only 20 years old, but she's already making her fashionable mark on the red carpet. This Valentino Couture number definitely stood out of the crowd!! and NO, it did not age her... silly critics smh
- Jennifer Lopez looks poised and pretty in an art deco Zuhair Murad cut-out gown. Despite her nip slip wardrobe malfunction, she was a glamorous knockout on the red carpet!
- Gwyneth Paltrow is a gorgeous goddess from head to toe in a stunning statuesque Tom Ford dress and cape.
Shades of Red Hot
- Natalie Portman is channeling a classic Hollywood starlet in a vintage Haute Couture Christian Dior polka-dot gown.
- Emma Stone is picture perfect in Giambattista Valli, her makeup and hair are flawless too!!
- Michelle Williams shows the most improvement since the Golden Globes. I adore her Louis Vuitton "coral" gown and luscious matching lippies!
Best of Sequins
- Milla Jovovich is gorgeous in Couture Elie Saab. She was my first wow moment of the evening!
- Ellie Kemper (Bridesmaids) is working her sparkly sequins Armani Prive gown and matching amber hair. Honestly, I never noticed how beautiful this woman is until last night!
...and some choices I didn't quite get...
- Rooney Mara (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) raises a few eyebrows, including mine, in this odd-fitting Givenchy number... I want to like this dress, but something about the chest area is really uninviting...
- Rose Byrne (Bridesmaids) is hardly celebratory in this black Vivienne Westwood overly shimmery ensemble. Who died, Rose?
With her famous luscious lips dressed in coral red, the always flawless Angelina Jolie is sporting a sculpted smokey eye and clean eyebrows, balancing her makeup with a sexy tousled waves hairstyle. A+
Milla Jovovich is the definition of a "rosy cheeked angelic beauty". Her piercing eyes are accentuated with a soft cat eye and her pretty lips are well defined with a bold classic red lip color. Her chic waves are reminiscent of old Hollywood and give this look an added dose of glamour.
Octavia Spencer looks darling in a simple updo decorated with big, dangling chandelier earrings. Her dramatic smokey eye is probably my favorite of the bunch, I love the combination of a peachy lid and charcoal smoke on the outer corner... the look is so chic and flattering!
Emma Stone is absolutely divine. Her pink eyeshadow is fun and refreshing, while the exaggerated cat eye is oh-so sleek and cool. This girl never ceases to amaze me, I love her style, her attitude, and her consistently en point fashion and beauty choices. A+++
Michelle Williams was truly a standout at this year's Oscars. While I'm usually quite unimpressed by her, this time around, I was pleasantly surprised. She looked really sweet, pretty and approachable. Her makeup was spot on and really highlighted her best features. Me favorite part: the watermelon lips. Nicely done, Michelle :)
My girl JLo never disappoints. She unequivocally wins for best makeup and sports my favorite hair style of the night: the Big Bun. What can I say, she's got it and she knows it. Voila!
Your turn to weigh in! Do you agree or disagree?
*All images are borrowed from JustJared, all collages are created by me, Maryam Maquillage*
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com