Welcome old friends and new!!! Happy 1000!!! It was an absolute delight to see a 4 digit number appear in my followers box and I couldn't be more excited--yay to all of you, yaaaaayyyy!!! Today, I'm celebrating this joyous occasion with a funky-neon-90's-inspired manicure to brighten up my Monday and yours :))) I'm typically into girly manicures (i. e. my Valentine's nail looks 1 & 2), but I was itching to try something different this time. Invigorated by the positive feedback I received for my "highlighter & hardware" eye look from a few posts ago, I decided to revisit the concept and do a nail design from the same series. Voila!
Read full post for pix, deets, tips, etc.
Highlighter & Hardware Nails by Maryam Maquillage
This nail design is really simple: I started off with a neon yellow base and added the diagonal silver tips by layering the nail polishes in a "braided" fashion. I made a frametastic instagram of the steps (pictorial tutorial) to help you understand this fairly easy concept. The quality of my iphone pix is crappy and the colors are way off, but I have to say, neon is really hard to photograph, so I tried my best.
- Duri Rejuvacote Nail Growth Systembase and top coat -- the best stuff for nails!
- Sinful Colors Professional Nail Enamel in Unicorn -- base under the neon
- Ruby Kisses Nail Polish in Neon Yellow -- I layered this one over Unicorn because it is too translucent for the effect I wanted. Not the best polish I've tried, but I got it for a $1, so I'm making it work!
- Wild and Crazy Nail Enamel in Anchorage -- really lovely gray
- Soo Nails Lacquer in #s119 -- chrome teal
- Soo Nails Lacquer in #s90 Silver Down -- chrome silver
- Color Club Professional Nail Lacquer in Ms. Hautie -- beautiful gunmetal gray with pink sparkles
- Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Silver-- used for the accent dots
And Far Away :)
My two-finger ring is from Banana Republic... who knew they made bike reflectors!? Now I'm inspired to put on some spandex and listen to new jack swing :))
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com