Bonjour mes amis! First and foremost, I want to thank you all for taking out the time to vote in my poll on the sidebar. I'm working on improving this blog, so I really appreciate your input and value your opinion in this matter. Thanks again and please vote if you haven't! Secondly, as you can see above, today's look is prêt-à-porter (ready-to-wear) featuring my new favorite hot pink eyeliner. This look is bright, fun, quick and easy and it's my favorite way to play up Asian eyes!
Read more for pix, tips, deets!
The Look: Casual, yet Noticeable; Hip, yet Approachable; Playful, yet Nonchalant. Let your personality be seen in this hot pink mini cat eye paired with a subdued nude lippie. Being a fun-loving girl, I fully enjoy embracing my spunk and trying out new things. With that said, I can see how this pink eyeliner may not be for everyone, but... if you like being the center of attention (even if only for just a minute) this look will sure get you noticed in the right way! Ha!
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil in Woodstock -- bright, hip and happy pink eyeliner.
- Clinique brush-on cream liner in True Black -- to "frame" the pink-ness
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate #14 -- pretty mauvy nude from the Kate Moss Collection (not sure, but it might be a Limited edition collection)
The Tools (not pictured):
- Urban Decay original primer potion -- I always prime my eyes for any makeup application, even if it's just eyeliner
- Ardell lash accents #305
- L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black
- NYX Lip Liner Pencil in Natural
- MAC sheertone blush in Gingerly -- to contour the cheeks
- Bare Minerals matte foundation in Golden Medium -- over blemishes and imperfections
- Prime your lash line with a primer. If you have a small crease or hooded eyes, prime past your crease and set it with translucent powder.
- Use a concealer to cover any redness or discoloration on your lids. I sometimes like to hide my freckles, but for this look, I felt like exposing them.
- Line the top lash line with Woodstock, keeping the line the same width throughout and tapering the ends. Don't be afraid to line heavily, especially if you have Asian eyes. Notice in the closed eye photo, my liner reaches all the way up to my crease.
- Use a black liquid liner or gel liner on a fine brush (preferred) to frame the pink. The goal is to cover any gaps and/or pink at the roots of the lashes.
- Optional: smudge some gray eyeshadow under the lower lash line to add depth to the eye.
- Curl your lashes, apply lash accents (optional) and finish with two coats of black mascara on the top lashes.
Stuff mentioned in this post:
PLEASE VOTE FOR MY "EYE OF THE TROPICS" Look on Makeupbee: (if you're already a member of Makeupbee, just click on one of the of the links below and hit LIKE so it turns pink)
1. Log in to themakeupbee.com
2. Go to Current Competition: Bee Colorful
3. Vote by Liking my look "Eye of the Tropics"
Thanks a BEE-LLION!!!