It's that time again my friends, and even though I'm definitely not Irish, I'm eager to celebrate St. Patrick's Day this Saturday! Today's makeup post is clovers & shamrocks inspired and is subtle enough to wear to work tomorrow. If you're not a true O'Malley, Sullivan or Kelly, but are still feeling the spirit of Irish Day, this look is just for you, so keep reading for more pix, instructions and details!
On to the makeup!
A hint of Kelly green
If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I tend to shy away from green eye shadows and barely have any green in my wardrobe. I always fear that green makeup and clothing make Asian skin look jaund-ish, so I admit to being a bit hesitant when it comes to this color. For St. Patty's, however, I'm changing it up and embracing my inner Leprechaun--after all, it is the true color of spring time and I'm definitely eager to find my pot of gold! To warm up my yellowish skin, I decided to go heavy on the blush--this is my trick to counteracting the green effect.
On my face, I'm wearing:
- Bare Minerals matte foundation in Golden Medium
- Benefit erase paste in 02 Medium(under-eye concealer)
- MAC sheertone blush in Gingerly-- my favorite warming blush
- Nars Albatross highlighter-- on the tops of my cheekbones. Albatross is my favorite highlighter of all time :)
On my Lips:
- Stila lip glaze in Vanilla-- pretty sheer golden shimmer
On my Eyes, I'm wearing:
- Urban Decay original primer potion
- NYX jumbo eye pencil in Cucumber (top lash line and waterline)
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Graffiti(top lash line over Cucumber)
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Honey(to seal the waterline over Cucumber)
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Shag(outer corner of the crease)
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Zero(smudged under the lower lashes)
- Clinique cream liner in True Black
- Ardell Wispies false lashes
- Black mascara
Braid / Bun Combo: for instructions, visit Beautylish!!
Kiss me I'm "Irish" :))
Kiss me I'm "Irish" :))
One doesn't have to be Irish to join in the fun! How will you be celebrating?
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR MY "EYE OF THE TROPICS" Look on Makeupbee: (if you're already a member of Makeupbee, just click on one of the of the links below and hit LIKE so it turns pink)
1. Log in to themakeupbee.com
2. Go to Current Competition: Bee Colorful
3. Vote by Liking my look "Eye of the Tropics"
Thanks a BEE-LLION!!!