Bonjour mes amis!! Today's nails are self explanatory and need no introduction :) If you like what you see, read on for instructions, products and more pix!
Click to read more!
A Royal Combo: Black Plum & Gold
- Duri Rejuvacote Base / Top coat-- this is the only product I use as both a base AND a top coat. It is the best and as you can see, I'm running low... I drink this stuff! ;p
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in #s07 (Black Plum)
- Milani Jewel FX nail lacquer in Gold
- Soo Nails nail lacquer in #s29 (Candy Apply Red)
- Sephora by OPI nail colour in Charge It
- Paint the backs of all your nails with red nail polish. Do this before applying your top coat so you can remove any red polish that got on your nail beds.
- Apply your clear top coat.
- Paint your nails (except your accent nails) with two coats of dark purple polish and wait for it to dry.
- Paint the tips using a gold nail polish, wait for it to dry, and follow by applying the gold glitter polish on top of the gold tips.
- For the accent nails, do the opposite:
- Paint a reverse half moon shape at the root of your nail using gold nail polish (use a tape stencil if you have a hard time painting it free hand)
- Apply the gold glitter polish over the reverse half moon shape (if you're using tape, wait for it to dry completely before removing the stencil for the next step)
- Paint the empty part of your nail with two coats of dark purple polish
My favorite base / top coat is Duri Rejuvacote--look how it shines!
Red backs give it a fun twist and also reinforce the tip!
Have you tried the painted backs nail trend?
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com