Salut mes amis!! I'm back from my vacay and I have exciting news to share! Yes, you guessed it -- GLOSSYBOX, the global leader in prestige beauty sampling subscriptions, has launched its services in USA and today I'm presenting the April box US debut, kindly sent to me for review by PR.
Read on for info and contents of this attractive box :))
GLOSSYBOX beauty subscription sampling service is a customized beauty package based on members' specific needs and profile. For a monthly fee of $21, members receive a luxurious reusable box containing a minimum of five products. Customers are encouraged to fill out surveys and rate the products to better tailor their next month's box.
Here's my April box with five full sized products and five samples
1. Basq Cucumber Tea Eye Gel -- full sized product -- $24
- This tea eye gel is perfect for anyone in their mid to late twenties, though it's never too early to start taking care of your eyes. I've used this product several times so far and can vouch that it does what it promises to soothe and smooth the sensitive eye area. I love this product and will definitely repurchase it when I run out.
2. C. O. Bigelow Lavender & Peppermint Body Lotion -- full sized product -- $12
- Although I wasn't too excited about this product at first, I changed my mind immediately after trying it. The smell of this lavender and peppermint body lotion is so divine that even put me in a better mood, not to mention the immediate and lasting smoothing effect it made on my skin. This is certainly a high end product that I would've otherwise never tried had it not been for the Glossybox.
3. Cargo EyeBronzer -- ful sized product -- $22
- This product uses the same packaging as some low-end drugstore brands, so I wasn't jumping up for joy at first, however, after trying the eye bronzer shadow for a makeup look, I recognized the quality difference and high pigmentation that this product offers. Check out the swatch on my eyes!!
4. OPI Kiss Me on My Tulips -- full sized product -- $8.50
- As most of you know, I'm a huge nail polish / nail art enthusiast, so I was thrilled to discover this polish in my Glossybox. I'm pleased to say that I love this blue-based pink and will absolutely be using this polish for nail art to come!
5. Kryolan High Gloss Brilliant Lip Shine (Toffee) -- full sized product -- $18.10
- This is probably my favorite product in the package. Not only is the lip gloss super pigmented, gorgeous and flattering, but it is exclusive to Glossybox before Kryolan's US launch. Needless to say, I was psyched to try out Kryolan for the first time ever and am totally thrilled by the quality. I can't wait to try more colors when Kryolan comes to the US!!
6. Erno Laszlo Hollywood Collection -- cream collection samples -- $125 for 5 at 0.5 oz
- This sample collection includes five creams ranging from daily protection to night cream. I haven't yet tried these samples, but I'm really eager to, especially since the formulas are inspired by Erno Laszlo's iconic devotees like Marilyn, Ava, Grace, Katharine and Greta.
* The Glossybox also includes a Trend Guide mini magazine with inspiring latest trends from around the world. Such a nice touch!
- Cargo EyeBronzer (Eyes)
- Kryolan High Gloss Brilliant Lip Shine in Toffee (Lips)
- Ardell Shimmer Lashes
- Clinique cream liner in Black Honey
- NYX lip liner in Soft Brown
- Bare Minerals matte foundation in Golden Medium
- MAC Sheertone Blush in Gingerly
Featuring: OPI Kiss Me on My Tulips (Nails)
Verdict: With products from well established and up-and-coming brands such as OPI and Kryolan, respectively, the GLOSSYBOX subscription box will be tough to rival. Although I've never personally tried other beauty boxes, I've read many reviews on blogs and am confident in saying that Glossybox is the most luxurious beauty box I've come across. The April box is worth well over $85, not counting the cream samples, so the $21 fee is an incredible deal. I'm thoroughly impressed with the attention to detail, presentation, execution and range of products, and I could not ask for anything more. So, if you're looking for high-end products to try at a fraction of the cost or simply want to expand your beauty collection, the Glossybox is definitely the way to go and I highly recommend it!
Are you getting yours? What products do you look forward to the most?
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com