Bonjour mes amis and Happy Monday! Today's nails of the week are bright and geometric, featuring the neon trend in one fun, traffic-stopping chevron manicure. Read more for tips, deets and how-to!
- Duri Rejuvacote Nail Growth System(base & top coat)
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in Beige (base color)
- Sinful Colors Nail Art Polish in Me First (neon yellow chevrons)
- Sinful Colors Nail Art Polish in Sunny Day (neon coral chevrons)
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in Chrome Gold (accent nails base)
- Milani Jewel FX Nail Lacquer in Gold(accent nails)
- Apply your base coat and follow by one coat of your base color (Beige).
- Start by painting one neon yellow diagonal line from the outer lower corner of your nail to the center and repeat this step on every nail.
- Repeat the step using the neon coral nail polish on the opposite side of the nail and paint the next line on top of the yellow, enclosing it in a chevron. Do this on every nail, one color at a time, switching between the yellow and the coral.
- For the accent nail: paint the base (two sides) of the chevron with yellow and coral and cover the rest of the nail with chrome gold to serve as a base for the gold glitter. Wait for the gold to dry and top it off with one or two coats of Milani glitter polish.
- Finish the manicure with a top coat.
I'm not gonna downplay this design and say it was easy to create... it definitely took at least 30 minutes to complete (not including drying time) and required a lot of concentration and confidence. Having said that, I really love the meditative aspect of nail art and detail painting, so if you're like me, you'll definitely enjoy this relaxing process and colorful result.
Happy Nail Painting!!!