Bonjour mes amis!! May Glossybox -- US Edition is here and I couldn't be more excited!! Last month, Glossybox made its US debut with a luxurious promo box (review here) and this month, the beauty sampling service is in full effect featuring deluxe samples and full-sized products from all over the world.
Read my review!
As always, Glossybox comes beautifully packaged with TLC, taste & style :))
- Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask for Dry Hair -- deluxe sample
- This conditioning mask from Phyto (one of my favorite French hair care companies) came into my possession just when I needed it! I have been looking for something intensive to rescue my weak and brittle ends before I finally chop them off and Phytojoba was exactly what I was searching for. A little bit of this product brought my sickly strands back to life -- at least for a little while -- and I couldn't ask for anything more.
- Having never tried Zoya nail polishes before, I was really excited to discover a Zoya bottle in this month's Glossybox. The gorgeous, shimmering orange coral called out to me immediately as the perfect shade for my summer toesies. My toes, indeed were quite festive and dressed for the beach, however, the polish took forever to dry. While this may be OK for the toes, it is an absolute no-no for the hands -- my manicure felt rubbery and was smudging / creasing hours after I applied it. Perhaps this was due to the foiled finish of the polish, but I had a really hard time working with the thicker formula. Bottom line: I hate the formula, but I can't get enough of the color, so I guess I'll be saving this one for water marbling.
- In one week of using this moisturizing gel, the product has made its way up my "best of the best" list of recent discoveries. This unique gel not only moisturizes, but also mattifies, primes and evens out the face at the same time. To me, this product is almost revolutionary: it promises to clear up the complexion and delivers visible results overnight. After just one use, the gel nipped budding pimples and dried up existing acne without any irritation while balancing and hydrating the skin all at once. I've always been a fan of Asian cosmetics and skin care, but this Korean brand has really raised the bar high. I am a huge fan and will definitely be repurchasing this once my large sample runs out. #OBSESSED
- When hearing the words like natural and sheer in reference to lipstick, I usually turn the other way, however, there is no way I could ever turn away from this Burberry lip mist, especially after trying it. OMG is all I gotta say!!! The lipstick is indeed sheer, yet it is pigmented and though it is natural, the gorgeous wet effect is so chic and rich! I am thoroughly obsessed with this product and have been wearing it virtually every day since I got it. I'm dying to try all the colors in the collection and will most certainly be repurchasing it when the sample runs out. #FAVE :))
- I could probably live without this Italian toothpaste, but why should I? The toothpaste is fresh, minty and nowhere near as abrasive in taste as my Crest 3D White. Moreover, the sample size is significantly larger than your average travel size toothpaste, and can easily go on my next two-week vacation.
Check out the glossy Burberry lippie -- it is just so luscious!!!
VERDICT: A lot of people were concerned that April's promotional box wasn't indicative of what future boxes will be like in the coming months and I must admit, it was a legitimate concern. In receiving the May box, however, I can honestly say that the generous samples and two retail sized products still make Glossybox the leader in prestige beauty sampling services. The range and quantity of high-end products are incomparable to any other subscription boxes and is a great deal for $21 a month. I know Glossybox is about to welcome a million happy American customers. Will you be joining?
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com