Hello old friends and new! Today is Labor Day, a federal American holiday observed on the first Monday in September, historically celebrating the economic and social contributions of workers. Culturally, this holiday marks the unofficial end of summer, and symbolically, it is the last day of the year when it is fashionable to wear white. Although, this tradition was mostly observed in High Society, it has become a pop culture fad and is often celebrated with "White Parties" hosted by popular celebrities in upscale locations such as The Hamptons, NY.
Today's makeup look celebrates the symbolic end of summer and dresses up my whites in brights! I'm sad to kiss my summer goodbye, but for now, I'll embrace the spirit and celebrate it in style :))
Read more for pix & deets!
Slippin' Into Fall
The Look: Sunset Citrus eyes, Golden Coral lips and Luminous cheekbones come together to complete this transitional summer into autumn makeup ensemble.
The Makeup: This look was created using Dinair Airbrush Makeup personal / pro kit and the following shades:
- SKIN: custom mix of Nutmeg & Golden Tan
- EYES: Sunset Citrus Color Collection
- LIPS: Cinnabar, Harvest Pumpkin + Moist & Dewy
Why DINAIR? -- Dinair Airbrush Makeup has been in the entertainment industry for over 30 years, creating flawless looks for high definition movies and TV shows. This innovative technology can deliver a delicate porcelain finish, a sun-kissed glow, erase blemishes, or create full-on makeup looks to suit all styles and tastes. Dinair's Airbrush Makeup is hypoallergenic and creates flawless, light weight, long-lasting looks, perfect for everyday use and special occasions!
--> If you haven't already, read my OFFICIAL DINAIR REVIEW HERE <--
On To The Makeup!
This eye look was created using the entire Sunset Citrus Eye Collection -- one of my favorite color compilations for the summer / fall transition. This makeup will certainly play up your Labor Day whites, but can also dress up any night-on-the-town outfit. Pinks and purples are very versatile and flattering; not to mention, they work on all eye colors.
- Deep Purple -- lid
- Mauve -- outer crease
- Cinnabar -- center crease
- Harvest Pumpkin -- inner crease / inner liner (used on cosmetic q-tip)
- Dark Peach Pink -- blending
- Other Colors:
- Gold -- inner corner / highlight
- Jet Black -- outer corner / outer "v"
- Lashes: Ardell 120 Demi Wispies Black
- Brows: Dinair Brow Guide Template (also used to create the sharp outer edge of the eye shadow)
- Waterline: Carlo di Roma nude eyeliner
Airbrush Eye Makeup TIPS:
- For a diffused (blended) eye shadow look, spray the color about 2 inches away from the lid
- For a defined look (eyeliner and/or sharp edge), use a brow/shadow guide stencil and spray about 1 inch away from the lid
- Avoid hot spots by rocking the arm and guiding the airbrush to cover evenly
- Move the brow guide to create your perfect shape
- Colorful Eyeliner Trick: don't waste any color left over in the color cup. Collect the leftover color using a cosmetic q-tip and use it as eyeliner (I used this trick with Harvest Pumpkin)
This vibrant makeup look is probably one of my personal favorites. You already know how I feel about Dinair's airbrush foundations (read my testimonial here) -- with this post, I wanted to show the versatility of airbrushing and introduce you to some of my favorite makeup products and alternatives. I love to airbrush eye makeup because the looks require very little effort to yield professional results and last longer than any other eye shadow.
Visit Dinair at www.airbrushmakeup.com and follow the company on Facebook & Twitter to learn how you can achieve your perfect complexion and makeup by being flawlessly Dinair-brushed :)))
Check out my "Back 2 School" makeup look using Dinair!
Photos by: Le Var (merci!)
*The product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. I was not compensated for this review and the information stated is 100% my own, uninfluenced and unbiased opinion. I am not affiliated with Dinair.
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com