Hola chicas :)) Without looking at the title, can you guess the Latina celebrity whose makeup style I'm imitating? Hint: this look was worn last week to the Emmy's, by a certain celeb who had a pretty funny and public wardrobe malfunction, posted on Twitter! Who could this modern mama be? LOL I'm terrible at keeping it subtle!!
In celebration of Hispanic heritage month (through Oct. 15) and my nail spread in Cosmo Latina, I'm honoring a few of my favorite Latinas and duping their makeup looks, with today's first: Sofia Vergara!
Read more to see my spread!
Maryam Maquillage in the Fall/Winter Edition of Cosmopolitan for Latinas!
Three of my nail designs (2 exclusive and 1 viral) made it to page 72 of Cosmo For Latinas and I couldn't be more excited!!! Pick up your issue today and show me your best Autumn Harvest Nail Art :))) Wooo-Hoooo!!! Doesn't America Ferrera look HOT?!
On to the Maquillaje Del Dia!!!
As a regular on the hit series Modern Family, Sofia Vergara has solidified her mark as one of today's hottest stars. Not only is this Colombian estrella undeniably caliente, but she is also a comedienne -- hilarious, unapologetic and raw -- this chica never keeps it subtle and that's why I love her! Who doesn't?!
The Beauty: Sofia's signature makeup always emphasizes her natural cat eye and full eyebrows. For this winning Emmy's look, makeup artist Kayleen McAdams (sister of Rachel McAdams) was inspired by chocolate and caramel -- how deliciously appropriate!! (Read the official breakdown of Sofia's makeup on my friend Milly's beautylogicblog).
My Chocolate-y interpretation:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Too Faced Natural Eye Collection
- Cocoa Puff -- lid and wing
- Push Up -- lower lash line / inner corner
- Velvet Revolver -- blend / crease
- Silk Teddy -- inner lid / corner
- NYX eye pencil in Dark Brown(tightline)
- NYX eye pencil in Taupe(eyebrows)
- Clinique brush-on cream liner in Black Honey
- L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black
- Ardell Demi Wispies 120
- Serderbko lip liner in #59 Chocolate
- Too Faced lip of luxury lipstick in Cougar
- Too Faced glamour gloss in First Time
Sofia's Signature Smokey Chocolate Cat Eye HOW-TO:
- Prime your lids from the lash line to the brow and wait for the primer to set.
- Next, rim your entire lash line with a smudgy brown pencil liner (NYX -- Dark Brown), going over the inner and outer corners. Tight line the top water line.
- Using a pointed crease brush and Cocoa Puff (chocolate brown w/ shimmers), smudge out the top liner and extend the outer corner in a cat eye style. Fill in the entire lid, staying under the crease.
- Using a fluffy dome shaped crease brush and windshield wiper motions, blend out the harsh edge of Cocoa Puff with Velvet Revolver (matte neutral).
- With a smudge brush, seal in the lower lash liner using Push Up (copper) and go over the inner corner.
- Apply Silk Teddy (pink shimmer) to the inner corner and the inner third of the lid, directly on top of Cocoa Puff and Push Up.
- Line the top lash line with Black Honey (warm brown) cream liner, apply your false lashes and/or apply mascara.
Sofia's full, thick, gorgeous eyebrows are her signature. To recreate the shape, I used a taupe pencil eyeliner to lighten, outline, and thicken my brows, then sealed it with Too Faced Velvet Revolver eye shadow.
Sofia's Chocolate Caramel Ombré Lips How-To:
- Line the lips with a chocolate brown lip liner. In a true Sofia style, line outside of your natural lip line and don't be afraid -- this is the key to bombshell lips!
- Use a lip brush and a mocha shimmery lipstick (Too Faced -- Cougar) to go over the liner and fill in the lips, keeping the inner portion blank.
- Apply a nude lip gloss (Too Faced GG in First Time) to the blank inner portion and blend over the lipstick.
Sofia's luscious waves are easy to replicate with a flat iron. I used my ghd black gloss classic 1 inch styler (review to come).
- Prep your hair with a heat protectant spray. I like TRESemmé Heat Tamer Protective Spray
- Separate your hair into three sections (nape, center, crown). Clip up the top sections and start from the bottom.
- Taking one inch sections of hair, crimp the strand in the middle and twist the section around the barrel, allowing the hair to slide through. Continue to the top crown section.
- Use a teasing comb to lift the roots of your crown and finish with a glossing spray. I like Salon Grafix Chroma-Logica Micromist Lacquer Spray
So, what do you think? Did I do Sofia proud? Will you be recreating your own "Caramela Chocolata" Sofia Vergara makeup? Stay tuned for more Latin beauties, nails & makeup, plus Halloween inspirations and more October festivities coming up!!!
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com