Shalom friends! Today's glittery nail art is festive for a reason: Hanukkah is right around the corner and this design is for all of you who are celebrating the Festival of Lights! I'm not much of a religious person, but because my family and friends are quite mixed culturally, I make sure to commemorate all holidays, including the religious ones. I like to celebrate them my way: with makeup and nail art!
This design was completed using two festive nail polishes from the China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection. Not only are these shades perfect for Hanukkah, but they are also great for the winter and are totally season appropriate.
Check out the rest of the collection + pix, tips & deets :)
China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection
*image borrowed from enails.eu
*image borrowed from enails.eu
China Glaze unique lacquers contain China Clay hardener to give the nails a porcelain-like finish and are free of DBP, Toluene and added Formaldehyde. These high end nail polishes are better for your nails and last much longer than drugstore brand polishes. Get the Holiday Joy Collection and much more at a fraction of the cost from my China Glaze supplier HBWigs.com.
China Glaze Nail Polish: $7.50 at Ulta
China Glaze Nail Polish: $4 at HBWigs
With a unique compilation of satin and metallic finishes, including fine and chunky glitter, as well as a few shimmery shades, this collection prepares your fingertips for the entire holiday season and allows for endless nail art possibilities. This is my second Holiday Joy nail art (here's the first), and I am having oodles of fun creating my designs!
Products & Descriptions:
- China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Glistening Snow -- silver holographic glitter -- if snow could glisten in glitter, this is what it would look like; used as a base color
- China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Blue Bells Ring -- metallic blue -- this frosty shade is gorgeous by itself; I used it both as a base color and as an accent on top of Glistening Snow
- Lit Cosmetics Glitter Pigment in Boogie Nights -- multi-dimensional purple / teal glitter -- available exclusively on Beautylish.com -- used to accent Blue Bells Rings
- Craft Store chunky glitter in Silver and Blue -- used to accent polka dots and tips
- Duri Rejuvacote Nail Growth System-- used as a Base and Top coat -- with glitter polishes, I like to add a couple of coats on top to smooth out the surface and help the glitter photograph better
- Nail art striping brush -- used to paint the Star of David (not pictured)
- Toothpick to pick up the chunky glitters
Nail Art Tips & Tricks:
- To apply chunky glitter precisely instead of sporadically, use a dampened toothpick or an orange stick to pick up the glitter and adhere to a top coat or clear polish
- For hand-painted designs, use a striping brush or nail art pen. Confidence is key!
- Don't hesitate to mix glitters: in this case, I'm using loose cosmetic glitter, chunky craft store glitter and glitter polish. The more the merrier!
- Finish every design with a top coat. For glitter nail art, use 2 or more coats.
Happy Hanukkah & Happy Holidays!
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com