Read more for details & how-to!
The Look: Glamorous, yet wearable; Great for Christmas and New Years Eve
EYES & EYEBROWS: (Eyebrow tutorial here)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills "Want You To Want Me" Palette & Kit -- a must-have for the holiday season, this decadent clutch-kit includes a removable palette complete with 9 velvety shadows and a dual-ended brush, plus Anastasia's signature clear brow gel and a jet-black liquid liner.
- Jellies & Ziggy -- used on the lid
- Iron On -- used on the outer corner and crease
- Members Only -- used on the crease
- Platform Wedge -- used for blending
- Front Row Center -- used for highlighting
- Black Liquid Liner in Jet
- Clear Brow Gel
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (Medium Ash) -- used to define the brow
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Covet Waterproof Liner in Steel -- smudge-proof and silky-smooth, this liner is perfect for the waterline and will stay put all night! Used here to define the crease and to line the waterline.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance-- used to prime the lids
- MAC reflects glitter in Reflects Transparent Teal -- perfect to add a touch of teal sparkle to a purple smokey eye.
- Red Cherry Lashes in XO/LP -- No holiday look is complete without
a lot-a-bit of sparkle! These stunning criss cross lashes feature a thick band of silver glitter and give this holiday smokey eye a dose of pizazz. The glitter can only be noticed when the eye is closed, so the look is subtle, but very effective. Get this pair and many more at HBwigs.com!
Holiday Sultry Smokey Eye How-To:
- Prime the lids and allow a few seconds for the primer to dry.
- Using a charcoal gray smudgy eyeliner pencil (Steel), line the top and bottom lash lines and extend the outer wing. Starting from the outer point of the wing, outline the crease (or your eye socket if your crease is small like mine) using short strokes.
- Using a small flat shader brush, apply a shimmery pink shadow (Jellies) on the inner half of the lid and a sparkly lavender shadow (Ziggy) on the outer half. Blend the transitions.
- Using a small pointed detailing brush, outline the crease you drew with the pencil using a matte nude eyeshadow (Members Only) and then outline just the outer half of the crease using a sparkly dark purple shadow (Iron On). Also, outline the outer "v" portion of the lid. Blend out the harsh lines using a fluffy brush and a matte pale pink shadow (Platform Wedge).
- Highlight the high point under the brow and the inner corner using a shimmery nude pink shadow (Front Row Center).
- Add silver or teal glitter on top of the lid using a small eyeshadow brush.
- Line the waterline and the lower lash line using Steel (charcoal) pencil liner and smudge out the liner on the lower lash line using Iron On & Ziggy.
- Line the top lash line with a black liquid liner and apply the lashes.
Add a chunky braid and dangling earrings!
On my Lippies: I'm wearing Lime Crime's latest Carousel Gloss in Present and this one's my favorite for the holidays. Just look at all that shine!
Smooches mes amis!
Merry Xmas <3
*The products in this post were provided by said company for my use and review. All opinions are my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com