Hi guys! I'm back from my LA trip and I couldn't feel more rejuvenated!! My weekend with Dinair was exceptionally memorable -- I've met the most amazing people, saw some of the coolest things and left feeling so much richer. I can't wait to share all the pictures with you and relive the memories once again :))
Today, I've got leopard on my mind. Leopard was quite a theme for me over the weekend, so I couldn't help but use it as my inspiration for this week's nail art. I'm featuring two looks -- one for nails and one for toes -- and I'm incorporating both hand-painted designs as well as stickers to show you how easy it is to wear LEOPARD!!
Read on for the tutorial!
Leopard Nails & Toes!
On my TOES, I'm wearing two types of appliqués:
- Broadway Nails ImPRESS Press-On Manicure Alli Simpson Signature Series in "Starstruck"
- Although ImPRESS press-on nails are meant for the hands, I'm wearing them on my big toes after cracking my left toenail in half. Thank Goodness for ImPRESS -- my toe nail was fixed in an instant! The size 0 nail fits my toes perfectly and the short length of these ImPRESS make it an ideal match for my size 6 feet.
- Kiss Nail Dress in "Marabou" -- used on the remaining toe nails. This sparkly 3D leopard design is neutral, but funky -- I can't wait to wear it on my hands!
On my NAILS, I'm wearing:
- Duri Rejuvacote Base Coat
- China Glaze Nail Lacquer Summer Neons Collection in Splish-Splash (shimmery bright blue)
- China Glaze Nail Lacquer Summer Neons Collection in Ride The Waves (bright blue)
- China Glaze Nail Lacquer Glimmers Collection in Mosaic Madness (bright blue and black chunky glitter)
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat-- worn over Sun-Kissed and under the texture polishes / charms
- NailsChic nail art micro pen in Black
Blue Leopard Nails How-To:
- Apply your base coat and follow with two coats of Splish Splash (shimmery blue). Optional: Add a French tip to an accent nail of your choice.
- Add random swirls of Ride The Waves (satin blue) on top of Splish Splash.
- Add Mosaic Madness (glitter) on top of Ride The Waves and top with Seche Vite top coat to even out the surface for the next step.
- Using a black nail art pen or black polish on a fine brush, paint tiny C's and dots to imitate the leopard pattern. Keep it messy and freehand for best results.
- Finish with Seche Vite top coat.
*Some product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com