Bonjour mes belles! It's Mani-Monday and I'm excited to present today's fun, summery, hand-painted nail art & tutorial. This nail design is super easy to replicate -- all you need is a few nail polishes, plus a bit confidence -- and this plaid neon number is yours! Shall we?!
Neon Plaid for Summer
You'll need the following Nail Polishes & Tools:
- Nail File, Clippers, Scissors, etc.
- Base Coat
- I'm using: Duri Rejuvacote
- I'm using: OCC Nail Lacquer in Kava Kava (shimmery nude with a peach undertone)
- I'm using: OCC Nail Lacquer in Anime (neon pink)
- I'm using: OCC Nail Lacquer in Black Dahlia (almost black bordeaux)
- I'm using: Seche Vite
Plaid Nail Art Pictorial-Tutorial aka Step-by-Step How-To:
- Clip your nails and file them to a square or "squoval" (square / oval) shape. I find that stripes, plaids and other line patterns look best on shorter, squared nails.
- Apply your base coat and follow with 1-2 coats of your neutral polish. OCC's Kava Kava is pretty opaque, so I only applied 1 coat.
- Use your bright polish and paint a thick vertical stripe, keeping it slightly off-center. Allow the polishes to dry thoroughly after this step.
- Add a few drops of your dark polish to a piece of aluminum foil and mix with 1 drop of acetone to thin the paint.
- Use a fine nail art brush or lining brush to paint two thin vertical stripes surrounding the pink strip. Add a second thin line alongside the stripe with more room. Repeat the step horizontally to complete the plaid pattern.
- Beginner Tip: Use striping tape to tape off the area for the stripes or simply use it instead of polish to create perfect crisp lines.
*Some product/s in this post were provided for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com