Salut mes amis! It's Wednesday and there's less than 12 hours left to enter my HUGE SUMMER GIVEAWAY!!! I hope you've all had a chance to enter, and if not, make sure you act now!! Click on the link above to watch the giveaway video, then come back to this post to fill out the raffle. Good Luck!
On to today's agenda -- "Painterly Stripes" Nail Art :) Read More!
"Painterly Stripes" Nail Art: Neon, Artistic, Chaotic, Fun, Bright, Easy Nails for Summer!
I'm using the following China Glaze Nail Polishes from HBBeautyBar.com (10% OFF COUPON: MaryamM10):
- China Glaze Sunsational Collection Nail Lacquers:
- Neon & On & On (neon peach pink) -- gorgeous when worn alone, I used it for layering the paint strokes "stripes"
- Too Yacht To Handle (teal) -- great summer color, especially for the toes. Used here for layering the paint strokes "stripes"
- China Glaze Summer Neons Collection Nail Lacquers:
- Sun Kissed (shimmery neon yellow) -- one of my all-time favorite China Glaze polishes, used here for the base
- Splish Splash (shimmery bright blue) -- pretty, almost ethereal blue, used here for layering the paint strokes "stripes"
- Love's A Beach (neon pink with a touch of shimmer) -- another stunning shade that any girl would love! Used here for layering the paint strokes "stripes"
- Duri Rejuvacote Base / Top Coat -- used as base coat
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- Born Pretty Store nail art Fan Brush -- used for painting the stripes in one stroke
- 10% OFF COUPON: Maryam5w21
- Piece of foil, cardboard scrap paper, and toothpick
This is a really fun, creative, SUPER EASY nail design for the summer. Plus, you don't have to try hard to be neat. Actually, the messier you are, the better and truer your design will turn out!
"Painterly Stripes" Nail Art How-To:
- Apply 1-2 coats of the bright yellow base color over the top coat.
- Add a few drops of the teal or blue nail polish (either one is fine, but it's important to layer and alternate the cool and warm colors for a contrasting effect). Dip the fan brush into the polish and paint one stroke onto your scrap paper to remove excess polish. You may need to use a toothpick to separate the hairs of the brush for a more dissipated stroke. Paint horizontally over the yellow base of your nail.
- Add a few drops of the peach or pink (warm shade) nail polish on to the piece of foil and repeat the previous step. Again, paint across the nail horizontally, but start from the opposite side of the previous color.
- Repeat with the remaining polishes alternating between the cool and warm shades and directions of the brush stroke. Remember: The messier, the better!
- Seal the design with a top coat. Voila!
Pair your bright summer nails with a peach lipstick for daytime like I'm doing here or a bright pink lipgloss for the evening! I'm wearing my new fave lipstick from PrettyandCute.com -- a US-based online boutique that specializes in Asian Cosmetics. Pretty & Cute has an enormous selection of all your beauty needs from Korea and Japan and even offers products for men!
- Lioele Real Vivid Matte Lipstick in Peach #3
- This lipstick is highly pigmented, perfectly matte and smooth like butter! I am addicted to the pretty pale peach shade and can't wait to get my hands on the entire collection. This is a must-have summer lipstick, especially for those of you with yellow undertones like me :)
P. S. Don't Forget to ENTER MY HUGE GIVEAWAY!!!
Less than 12 hours left!!!