Hello my darlings!! It's been a while since my last hand-designed nail art and I feel terrible about bypassing my favorite topic. Truth is, my nails just haven't been the same since my trip -- I've damaged a lot of them while peeling Southeast Asian fruits like Rambutan and Mangosteen, so I had to let them breathe without polish so that they could grow back healthy. My nails are still quite short, but they're back to normal and I'm excited to present this festive, snake-skin inspired bedazzled nail art, just in time for Mani-Monday! I'm using emerald polish from Motives Cosmetics (yes, Motives even offers polishes!) topped with glitter and spangles from Inglot's latest nail art collection.
Read more for tips, pix and how-to!
- Duri Rejuvacote Base Coat
- Motives for Lala Nail Nail Lacquer in Jaded -- I almost never wear green, but this color is LOVE!
- Inglot Pro New Sparkling Nail Enamel #96 (gold glitter liner polish)
- Inglot Pro New Nail and Body Spangles #23 (large emerald round glitter)
- Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Gold
- Toothpick for picking up the glitter
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat currently on SALE at HB Beauty Bar
- Plus, use my additional HB Beauty Bar 10% discount: MaryamM10
Bedazzled Snake Skin Nail Art How-To:
- Apply your base coat and follow with two coats of "Jaded" base color. Allow the polish to dry thoroughly.
- TIP: I generally wear the polish for a day and add the design on top on the following day. This allows me to enjoy the polish on its own. P. S. This emerald green by Motives is so stunning, that I almost didn't want to cover it up :))
I hardly ever wear green, but when I do, I always pair it with hot, vibrant pink!
On my LIPS:
- Motives Lip Crayon in Passion
- Motives Rich Formula Lipstick in Magenta
- Motives for La La Mineral Lip Shine in Flirt
- Motives Glitter Pot in Diamond
*Some product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com