Hello my beauties! It's Friday night and NYC is poppin' for Fashion Week!! I'll be busy the whole weekend through Wednesday, so I wanted to get out this special post as a taste of what's to expect in the weeks following FW. With that said, I'm ecstatic to present a Maryam Maquillage debut: Motives Cosmetics -- the award-winning makeup from Loren Ridinger and La La Anthony.
For my first Motives look, I went for "Sparkling Lilac" -- a soft, yet edgy Ready-to-Wear look focusing on lilacs, lavenders and mauves. These purple shades are my favorite "falling-into-fall" makeup colors and work for both day and night. Let's get started!
Read on for deets, tips & a pictorial-tutorial :)
ABOUT: Motives by Loren Ridinger and La La Anthony is an award-winning makeup line leading in the customized cosmetics industry, with an aim to create the best makeup for beauty in every shade. Motives is worn by some of today’s hottest celebrities and is a favorite of makeup artists, models and photographers.
Motives® by Loren Ridinger strives to empower people everywhere to look and feel beautiful inside and out, while providing thousands of consultants worldwide with an opportunity to live the lifestyle they have always dreamed of. Motives for La La features mineralized products from lipshines to foundation and eye shadow palettes for the everyday woman.
INITIAL THOUGHTS: I received a very large, two-package shipment for review and upon un-boxing, was instantly drawn to the bold lip shades and intrigued by the wide array of products in every section of beauty. In the lip products category, for example, Motives features not only lipsticks, but goes far beyond, offering also an entire collection of plumpers, glosses, lip kits and everything in-between. The same goes for eye makeup, face products and skin care, plus Motives also carries a selection of nail polishes, cosmetic tools and accessories. This revealed that Motives is a complete line, fully-equipped for MUA's and consumers alike.
IMMEDIATE STANDOUTS: Velvety, highly-pigmented, easy-to-blend eyeshadows that are smooth and consistent, yielding little to no fallout and resulting in professional, long-lasting, opaque eye makeup.
THE VERDICT: As a beauty blogger, a makeup artist, a woman of color, a New Yorker and a consumer, I am highly impressed and excited about Motives. My makeup withstood the entire first day of Fashion Week... So, to sum it up -- I'M SOLD!!
On to the Maquillage!
"Sparkling Lilac" Pictorial-Tutorial using all Motives Cosmetics
- Using a concealer brush, I applied a thin layer of eye shadow base from the lashes to the brows. I also used the cream colored base to line directly under my brows to sharpen the brow arch.
- Motives 15-piece professional brush set -- Detailing brush 229
- Motives 15-piece professional brush set -- Precision crease brush 219
- Motives Pressed Eyeshadow in Cappuccino (matte) and Chocolight (matte)
- Motives Pressed Eyeshadow in Heiress (pearly pink used for the inner), Bling (sparkly taupe used for the center) and Fantasy (shimmery lavender used for the outer)
For my BROWS, I used:
SKIN: My skin is airbrushed using Dinair Airbrush Foundation in Nutmeg
- 10% Coupon Code: MARYAMNYC
NECKLACE: Caviar Noir
On my LIPS, I'm wearing:
- Motives for La La Mineral Lip Crayon in Cotton Candy
- Motives Lip Crayon in Passion (used on the outer corners to create depth)
- Motives for La La Mineral Lip Shine in Celeb -- another Motives standout and my new favorite lip gloss!!
Smooches my darlings!! Will you be trying out Motives?
Photos by: Le Var (Merci!)
Photos by: Le Var (Merci!)
*Some product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com