Hello beauties! It's Tutorial-Tuesday on my blog, but I've got much more to share. Today's exotic look was inspired by the gorgeous turquoise headpiece from my favorite Eastern jewelry line Innaya Couture and put together using all Motives Cosmetics. The beauty of this headpiece surpasses any makeup, so instead of matching the colors and attempting to reproduce the wow-factor of this piece, I re-interpreted the look with glittery jewel tones and Eastern-style cat eye liner. This modern take on Eastern makeup is a fresh complement to traditional jewelry and balances it out in a way that's wearable and approachable.
Read on to learn how it's done!
Fit for a Queen
Turquoise Headpiece: Innaya Couture -- The true wow-factor of this headpiece is almost impossible to translate through pictures. The quality, the love and the amount of work put into this piece of jewelry is beyond words and my first reaction was total and utter jaw-dropping astonishment. This headpiece is more like a museum artifact and truly belongs on the head of a queen -- it certainly makes me feel like one and I can't imagine any woman feeling less than a queen while wearing this crown. If headpieces aren't your thing, Innaya Couture offers tons more & everything in between: earrings, bangles, necklaces and calligraphy pieces.
- Innaya Couture is a traditional yet contemporary jewelry line that specializes in hand-crafted, custom-made South Asian and Middle Eastern jewelry. Founded by two sisters from Yorkshire, England, Innaya Couture pieces have been featured in numerous exhibitions and graced the covers of magazines such as Asiana Bridal and Khushi since its launch in 2009.
- To request a catalogue or quote, send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow Innaya Couture on Instagram and Facebook
Makeup: To complement my headpiece, I went for a modern interpretation of Eastern / Arabic makeup i. e.
- Strong, full, longer brows
- Flawless skin and well-defined, sculpted features / cheekbones
- Smoldering cat eye liner set it a wash of jewel-tone glitter
- Soft pink lips and cheeks
- Motives Cosmetics Liquid Powder Foundation in Almond
- Motives for Lala Color Perfection Quad in Medium -- lightest color used for highlighting under the eyes and on the tops of the cheekbones. Darkest colors used to contour the nose and jawline.
- Motives Full Coverage Photo Finish Powder in Neutral Medium -- used to set the foundation
- Motives for La La Mineral Dual Foundation in Dark -- used to set the contour of the cheekbones and nose
- Motives Pressed Blush in Runway -- used as cheek color
- Motives Pressed Blush in Eclipse -- used as a highlighter on top of the cheekbones
- Motives 15-piece Professional Brush Set
- Motives Eye Shadow Base
- Motives Gel Liner in Little Black Dress
- Motives Pressed Eyeshadows
- Vintage Glam
- Crystal Blue
- 10% off code: MaryamM10
Exotic "Glitter" Cat Eye How-To:
- Prime the lids with Motives Eye Base and trace the eye socket using Chocolight eyeshadow on an angle brush. Thicken the line and extend the outer corner creating a wing shape.
- Using a pointed crease brush, blend out the edges using Cappuccino eyeshadow.
- Highlight the brow bone and inner corner using Vintage Glam eyeshadow on a fluffy detailing brush.
- Using a flat brush, apply Fantasy to the lid and Crystal Blue eyeshadow to the inner corner.
- Line the top and bottom lash lines with Little Black Dress gel liner on an angle liner brush, connect the corners and extend the outer wing. Rim the entire waterline.
- Apply purple glitter on top of the lid shadow, add accent lashes and mascara. For an extra pop, add a touch of gold to the inner corner on top of the black liner.
Products Used (LIPS):