Hello beauties!! The holidays are approaching faster than ever this year, and I'm whipping out my glitter pots & liners in anticipation. Today, I'm bringing back my "Border" liner from last year aka a creative eyeliner look that utilizes an outline technique. This look is super edgy and does require a bit of practice and a steady hand, however, it is easier than a smokey eye and more unique than a glitter shadow look. I hope you try it for yourself and see what I mean!
Read more for how-to & deets!
Ze full look :)
The Look: Part Urban, Part Alien. NY oversized earrings from My Sassy Bella
- Skin is heavily contoured using:
- Motives Color Perfection Quad in Medium (lightest color to highlight, darkest to contour)
- Motives Color Perfection Quad in Dark (darkest color to intensify the contour along the jawline and forehead)
- Motives Shape & Sculpt Duo (used to set the cream highlight and contour foundations)
- Flawless finish is achieved using:
- Motives Liquid Powder Foundation in Almond -- I rave about this product in every post, this foundation is truly flawless!
Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Ash
Lashes: House of Lashes "Pixie Luxe"
- Motives 15-piece Professional Brush Set
- Motives Eye Shadow Base
- Motives Pressed Eyeshadows in:
- Creme Fresh
- Motives 10-Years Younger Makeup Setting Spray
- Motives Glitter Liner in Gold Digger
- Motives Liquid Liner in Noir
This thick liner look is perfect for Asian eyes, monolids and/or eye shapes with a smaller lid space.
Glitter "Border" Liner Outliner Eyeliner Tutorial:
- Apply Eye Shadow Base all over the lid, concentrating on the movable lid and corners. Using a fluffy eyeshadow brush, apply a wash of Vanilla & Creme Fresh eyeshadows from the lash line to the brow. Applying this light mixture will give the liner more contrast and pop and will even out any skin tone imperfections.
- Using a fine detailing brush, pick up some Forbidden eyeshadow and mix it with a couple of drops of setting spray like 10-Years Younger to create a liquid liner consistency. Paint a thick winged line across the lid. ASIAN EYES TIP: The width of your liner should come up to your natural crease (fold), like in my case.
- Paint a thin line with Noir liquid liner keeping close to the lashes.
- Apply a generous coat of Gold Digger glitter liner on top of the Forbidden eyeshadow, allow a few seconds for it to dry and add another coat if necessary.
- Paint a third line above the glitter, keeping parallel to the lash line and tapering at the inner and outer corner. This step completes the "Border" or outline of your glitter liner. ASIAN EYES TIP: Place this third line directly above your fold, but paint it slightly thicker, as it will diminish once you open your eyes.
- Curl your lashes, add mascara and falsies. House of Lashes Pixie Luxe lashes are perfect for this look because they're not heavy and don't cover up the glitter.
- To complete this look, I'm wearing my fave gloss from Dose of Colors: Toxic
- My nails were completed by nail artist Shirley for Kiss using the latest Kiss Galaxy Nail Art Kit (available January 2014)