Hello my beauties!!! Hope you're all happy and healthy. Continuing with my Valentine's Day Countdown, today's look is romantic & bohemian, inspired by blooming flowers in anticipation of Spring. The last few weeks in NY have been absolutely frigid and I'm so eager and ready for the warmer days. Good thing, I've got a trip to Miami right around the corner, which I literally cannot wait for!!! This trip is going to be a memorable one and I'll be sharing more details soon :)) For now, here's a clue: today's Maven's Makeup look was created using the one and only Motives Cosmetics!! hint hint*
Read more for deets, tips & step-by-step!
The Look: Sweet, Romantic, Bohemian, and Dreamy using pastel colors and subtle glitter. Precise, well-defined cut-crease eyes and bold lashes. Clean, flawless skin and soft nude lips.
Flower Halo: Purple "Kate" from Skyy Collection
Hair: Luxury For Princess 22" Princess Super Deluxe Remy Human Hair extensions in Chocolate Brown
- Use promo code maryam5 for a discount
Fairy Eyes using all Motives Cosmetics
Products Used (EYES):
- Motives Eye Shadow Base
- Motives 15 Piece Professional Brush Set
- Motives for La La Mineral Khol Liner in Earth
- Motives Eyeshadows
- In the Buff (matte nude)
- Goddess (yellow gold glitter)
- Breaking Dawn (matte purple)
- Motives Cream Shadow in Gold Dust
- Motives Gel Liner in Amethyst
- Motives Glitter Pot in Plum Fairy
- Motives Luxe Precision Eye Line in Jet Black
- Lashes: House of Lashes "Noir Fairy"
- Brows: Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in Medium Brown
Defined Cut-Crease Tutorial:
- Prime the lid from the lash line to the brow using Motives Eye Base. Line the outer half of the top lash line with Earth khol pencil and extend the outer wing. Keeping your eye half-way closed, draw a half moon shape a few mm's above the natural crease ("cut-crease"), meeting with the outer wing. Thicken the line in the outer portion.
- With a stiff crease brush, soften the liner above the cut-crease using In the Buff eyeshadow and windshield wiper motions.
- Add a hint of purple directly to the cut-crease line, using Breaking Dawn eyeshadow on a precision brush. Blend the shade upwards using short strokes.
- With a flat concealer brush, apply Gold Dust cream shadow below the cut-crease and all over the lid area.
- Clean off the brush and apply Goddess eyeshadow on top of the cream shadow, concentrating on the tight borders.
- Using an angled liner brush, line the bottom lash line and waterline using Amethyst gel liner and extend the outer lower wing.
- Add a dash of Plum Fairy glitter on top of the liner, to the inner corner of the bottom lash line.
- Line the top lash line with Motives Precision felt tip eye liner and extend the outer wing. Keep this line proportionally thicker than your every day liner to match the wider crease look. Add lashes and mascara.
Products Used (SKIN):
- Motives Shape and Sculpt Duo -- for minor contouring & highlighting
- Belletto Studio Airbrush foundation in Dune
P. S. The ELEMENT of Surprise...
and something we've been working on for a while :)
Can't wait to reveal!!!