Hello dolls and Happy Friday!! Firstly, I want to thank you all so much for your love and support of our Motives Mavens palettes launch. Your positive reception and feedback means the world to me and I simply couldn't have done it without you guys. I love love love you and am sending you all a bunch of hugs and kisses!!
Today's look is Friday night inspired and is perfect for those of you who like to go out for Happy Hour after work. I'm using our Motives Mavens ELEMENT Palette and a bit of glitter to achieve this easy, day-to-night transformation makeup.
Read more for pix, tips & TUTORIAL!
The Look: "Chocolate Truffle" Cat Eye Smokey
Products Used (EYES):
- Motives Mavens ELEMENT Palette -- use code MARYAMNYC for Free Shipping globally
- www.motivescosmetics.com/MaryamNYC -- US / CAN Shopping
- www.global.shop.com/MaryamNYC -- International Shipping
- Motives Glitter Pot in Pot of Gold
- Motives Glitter Adhesive
- Motives liquid liner in Noir
- Motives Waterproof Eye Pencil in Black Magic
- Motives 15-piece Professional Brush Set
LASHES: Flutter Lashes "Emily"
- use code MARYAMNYC for 20% OFF
BROWS: Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in Medium Brown
Necklace: ILY Couture
Products Used (SKIN):
- Motives Mavens SCULPT Series Cream Contouring Palette in FIRE -- "Ignite" shade to highlight, "Blaze" shade to contour, blended with beauty blender
- Motives Cosmetics Mineral Dual Powder Foundation in Neutral Medium -- used to set the contour
LIPS: Motives for La La Mineral Lipstick in Naughty -- use code MARYAMNYC for free shipping
ELEMENT Palette "Chocolate Truffle" Smokey Cat Eye Tutorial:
- Prime the lids with Motives Eye Shadow Base. Using a fluffy crease brush, apply a soft wash of “Native” eyeshadow to the crease using windshield wiper motions. This will serve as the transition shade.
- With a detailing contour brush, apply “Aubergine” directly to the crease or where you want it to appear. Adding a deeper color to the crease will deepen the gradient and add more smokiness.
- With a flat brush, apply “Truffle” to the outer two thirds of the lid, keeping the outer corner sharp and clean. You may use tape or the tip of the brush to define the edge. Line the lower lash line.
- Clean off the same brush and apply “Serene” to the inner two thirds of the lid, layering it on top of “Truffle” in the center of the lid.
- Using a detailing brush, deepen the outer v gradient using “Raven”.
- Line the top lash line using Motives liquid liner in Noir, rim the entire waterline with Motives Waterproof eye pencil in Black Magic and add falsies & mascara. Optional: Add a touch of gold glitter to the inner corner using Motives glitter pot in Pot of Gold on top of glitter adhesive.