Hello my beauties & Happy "Almost End of the Week"!! In my previous post, I promised you update you at least twice a week, so today's edition is my second installment, this time focusing on makeup. This look was put together using all Motives Cosmetics, as well as our Mavens Palettes, and was inspired by my "Minty Fresh" nail art (which you can observe here). I typically never match my makeup to my nails, but there's just something about Mint that makes me wear it all over and I don't mind coordinating. I also added a dose of edge with some graphic, Arabic-inspired liner and a well-contoured face. If you like this look and are ready to learn how it's done, keep reading for the step-by-step tutorial!!
Spring Cut-Crease Eyeshadow Tutorial"
Read more for TUTORIAL, pix & tips!
EYES: Pastel lids, soft and smokey cut-crease, graphic cat-eye double-winged liner and wispy lashes. Brows are well-defined, but natural.
Products Used (EYES): use code MARYAMNYC when shopping for Motives to get free shipping
- Motives Mavens ELEMENT Palette (US / CA) use code MARYAMNYC for Free Shipping globally
- Motives Fantasy Palette
- Motives Khol Liner "Suede"
- Motives Eye Base
- Motives gel liner Little Black Dress
- Motives 15-piece Professional Brush Set
- LASHES: Esqido "Lashlorette" lashes
- BROWS: Too Faced Bulletproof Brows "Universal Brunette"
- Apply eye base all over the lid. Using "Suede" khol liner (easy to smudge or clean up), outline the cut-crease a few mm's above the natural crease and blend upward towards the brow. Extend the outer corner and connect the wing to the cut crease. Outline the lower lash line and draw a second wing. This is the "blueprint" of the look.
- Using a detailing crease brush, apply a mixture of "Native" & "Aubergine" shadows from the ELEMENT palette on top of the khol liner above the cut-crease line. Also smudge the lower lash liner using the same mixture.
- Using a flat concealer or eyeshadow brush, apply a matte mint shadow (Fantasy Palette) on the blank part of the lid. Concentrate the shadow on the inner portion & tear duct and blend out the color past the center of the lid.
- Flip the brush and apply a matte sky blue shadow on the outer portion of the lid and layer on top of the mint in the center of the lid to blend the two together.
- Line the top lash line using "Little Black Dress" and thicken the outer wing. Next, drag the liner back from the tip of the wing toward the center of the lid, along the cut-crease line. This shape will very in size, depending on individual eye shape.
- Add "Shell" eyeshadow (ELEMENT Palette) to the brow bone and in the space between the two wings. Sharpen the second wing with a bit of gel liner. Add mascara and false lashes.
The Look: Edgy, but wearable. Coral cheeks add a splash of color to chiseled features and peachy-nude lips balance out the strong eyes.
Products Used (FACE):
- Motives Mavens SCULPT Series Cream Contouring Palette in FIRE -- "Ignite" shade to highlight the center of the nose, tops of cheekbones and chin; "Blaze" shade to contour sides of nose, forehead and below the bottom lip; blended with beauty blender
- Belletto Studio Airbrush Foundation in Dune -- used to set the cream contouring.
- Belletto Studio Airbrush Blush in Coralleia