Bonjour mes belles!! It's Fashion Friday and in today's post, I'm featuring both makeup and style tips for a look that's sure to turn heads. I'm going for a modern "denim smokey eye" using all Lancome and pairing it with a trendy Blue Jeans ensemble, while keeping everything casual, cool and chic.
Read more for the TUTORIAL!
Blue Jean Smokey
|My Sassy Bella "MM" Silver Monogram Necklace|
The Look: Casual-chic "Blue Jeans" Smokey eye inspired by denim, paired with subtle bronzed skin and nude shimmery lips to balance the overall cool look. I'm using the new Lancome Summer Collection.
- Lancome Color Design 6 Pan Palette 2014 Summer Collection in Azure Chic -- a stunning collection of warm and cool tones in various finishes. Perfect for the summer!
- Lancome Star Bronzer Palette -- bronzer, blush and highlighter in one
- Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof -- perfect for lining the waterline and includes a handy smudge sponge tip
- Minuit (Navy)
- Golden Riviera (Gold)
- Marine Chic (royal blue)
- Lancome Gloss in Love -- high gloss, never sticky
- Scarlett Starlette -- reddish pink shimmer
- Fizzy Rosie -- rosy nude shimmer (worn in this look)
- Lancome Definicils Waterproof Mascara (not pictured) -- my favorite Lancome mascara, now waterproof!
Inspiration: Blue eyeshadows can be a bit intimidating to some, but Lancome colorists always manage to make their shades exceptional and special. The compilation of colors in the 6 Pan Azure Chic Summer Collection Palette is absolutely stunning making it one of my favorite palettes of the season. To keep this look wearable, I drew my inspiration from casual blue jeans and approached it as a daytime look. For this "Denim Smokey" eye, I used the semi-matte cream and navy shades for the crease and brow bone and concentrated the shimmery metallic bronze and blue on the lid and lower lash line. The effect: Soft, bluesy, transitional day-to-night smokey eye with a pop, great for a little daytime drama and perfect for a dinner date or a night on the town.
"Denim Smokey" Blue Smokey Eye Tutorial:
- Prime the lid and apply a soft wash of color all over the lid using the semi-matte cream shadow on a Lancome Brush #17.
- TIP: applying the lighter shadow first will help with blending the darker shadow.
- TIP: a little bit goes a long way with this shade, so don't overdo it!
- Tap, don't drag, the shadow to avoid fallout.
- I used Golden Riviera on the waterline and Minuit to darken the top lash line.
- Optional: Line the top lash line with Lancome Artliner 24H in Black Diamond.
- Optional: Add false lashes. I'm wearing Flutter Lashes "Judy". Use code MARYAMNYC to save 20% on Flutter Lashes.
The "FIT": Modern Crop-top Sweater, acid-wash blue high-waisted skinny jeans and quilted booties. Big wavy hair a la long hair don't care :)
- Jeans: Asos
- High-waisted jeans are perfect for curvier figures and really accentuate the waist!
- Belt: Anthropologie
- Crop Sweater: Nasty Gal
- I've been working out, so I love me some crop tops and sweaters :)
- Jacket: Nasty Gal
- Super cozy and on trend plaid and pleather jacket.
- My Sassy Bella "MM" Silver Monogram Necklace
- This large monogram necklace gets almost as many compliments as my makeup. I love this piece, it is so special!
- Hair: Bellami 20" Dark Brown extensions
- use code MARYAM for a discount on any set
- PB&J Boutique Booties: Seychelles "Best Laid Plans"
- Gorgeous, quilted leather booties for all seasons and occasions. These are my favorite boots for running around in the city, they are even more comfortable than sneakers, plus they turn heads like no other. I can't express to you how much attention these get and not just from the gents ;))