Salut mes belles!! Today's post is an all-inclusive, featuring a Spring OOTD (outfit of the day) and a fab makeup to match, plus a step-by-step tutorial to help you achieve this look. I've gotten a few requests for colorful makeup looks, and this one was inspired by none other than Spring flowers. I'm using my fave Motives Cosmetics for the face and incorporating a few of my favorite Spring pieces from my go-to shopping spots to complete the outfit.
Read on for deets, pix & Tutorial!
The Look: A play on hard and soft -- the lids are accented with creamy peach shadow, surrounded by punchy purple in the crease. The lash lines are dark and smoldering, enhanced with top and bottom false lashes. Strong brows and well-sculpted features complete the makeup, while glossy peach lips play down the bold eye look.
Sterling Silver "Maryam" necklace: My Sassy Bella
Products Used (FACE): use code MARYAMNYC when shopping for Motives to get free shipping
- Motives Mavens SCULPT Series Cream Contouring Palette in FIRE -- "Ignite" shade to highlight the tops of cheekbones; "Blaze" shade to contour the forehead, cheekbones and jawline; blended with beauty blender
- Dinair airbrush foundation in Honey Beige to set
- Highlight: Motives Mavens Shell eyeshadow from Motives Mavens ELEMENT Palette
- Blush: Missha The Style Defining Blusher in Baby Coral 04
- Motives Mavens ELEMENT Palette (US / CA) use code MARYAMNYC for Free Shipping globally
- www.motivescosmetics.com/MaryamNYC -- US / CAN Shopping
- www.global.shop.com/MaryamNYC -- International Shopping
- Motives Eye Base
- Motives Fantasy Palette (coral eyeshadow)
- Motives Eyeshadow in Ecstacy
- Motives 15-Piece Professional Brush Set
- Motives Luxe Precision Eye Liner in Jet Black
- Brows: Youngblood Cosmetics mineral brow pencil in Medium Brown
- Lashes: Flutter Lashes
- "Annabelle", "Kim" (half lashes for the outer corner) and Courtney (bottom lashes)
- use code MARYAMNYC to get 20% OFF all Flutter lashes
Smokey Purple Eye Makeup Tutorial:
- Apply eye base all over the lid. Using a dense flat brush, apply a peachy coral semi-matte eyeshadow (Motives Fantasy Palette) to the entire movable lid.
- Using a small crease brush, outline the natural crease (fold) and lower lash line using Ecstasy eyeshadow (matte medium purple) and blend the edges outward. Lift the outer corner in a cat-eye style.
- Using a flat brush from the Motives Mavens ELEMENT Palette and Native eyeshadow, blend out the transition between the brow bone and the purple crease color. Next, apply Birch eyeshadow (ELEMENT Palette) directly under the brow to further the gradient.
- Using a fine detailing brush and Raven eyeshadow (ELEMENT Palette), outliner the outer v and blend it out.
- Line the top and bottom lash lines using a felt black liner and extend the outer wing and inner lower wing. If you eyes are small like mine, make sure to keep the liner as thin as possible to maximize lid space.
- Add mascara and false lashes to the top and bottom to increase the smoldering effect.
Products Used (LIPS):
Casually Dressed Up
The Outfit: This type of casual outfit is my favorite for that everyday "dressy" feel. I love wearing flowing, oversized sweaters, especially in vibrant colors like this peach one from Nasty Gal. To offset the softness of this top, I paired it with modern leather-look leggings from Anthropologie and toughened up heels by Privileged.
- Sweater: Nasty Gal
- Leggings: Anthropologie
- Shoes: Privileged
- Sterling "Maryam" necklace: My Sassy Bella
- Earrings: Ily Couture
- use code MARYAM to get a discount on any set