Salut mes belles!! It's Tutorial-Tuesday and I've got a goodie prepared for you! As you know, I'm thoroughly obsessed with the latest Jason Wu for Lancome summer collection and today is my second JW tutorial installment (see first here) featuring the "Disco" palette -- a shimmery olive toned palette suitable for summertime smokey eyes. The great thing about this color combo is that it's totally versatile and can be dressed up or down for any occasion. In this post, I'm keeping it low-key and pairing the makeup with a casual "outfit of the day".
Read more for tutorial, OOTD & more!
The Look: Shimmery olive smokey eye paired with neutral glossy lips and clean, well-sculpted features.
Products Used (EYES):
- Jason Wu for Lancome Color Design 5-pan palette "Disco"
- Lancome Artliner 24H
- Lancome La Base Aquatique #3
- Lancome Definicils Waterproof Mascara in Black
Products Used (FACE):
TIP: Green eyeshadow works well with any pink lip color. Pictured below, clockwise from top left:
Olive Green Smokey Eye Tutorial:
- Apply La Base Aquatique all over the lid and use Brush #23 to apply the lightest color from the palette onto the brow bone.
- With Brush #12, apply the light green shade to the lid and slightly above the crease.
- With the same brush, etch out the outer corner and line the lower lash line using the olive green shade.
- Soften the harsh edges of the olive shadow with windshield wiper motion using Brush #17.
- Use the darkest shade from the palette and deepen the outer corner and outer lower lash line using Brush #24.
- Line the top lash line and extend the outer wing using Artliner 24H, add mascara and false lashes.
- My lashes: Huda Beauty "Monique"
Check out my VIDEO TUTORIAL using the Alpha Dahlia Palette
OOTD: Olive + Plaid
Plaid Shirt: Zara
T Shirt: C+C California
Necklace: Wow Imports
Bracelets: Stella & Dot; Alex & Ani
Hair: VP Fashion Ombre Extensions;
curled using NUME Lustrum Set 32mm barrel
(use code FIVECURL to get 61% off this set)
Have a beautiful week loves :)