Hi dolls!! Warm weather is finally here,
sort of, and it's my favorite time of the year to experiment with color. Today, I'm whipping out my electric blue mascara and pairing it with a simple cat eye smokey to bring all attention to my peepers. Blue lashes are über fresh, flirty and attention grabbing, plus, it's a quick and easy idea for adding that summer-ready pop of color to your makeup routine! For this eye look, all you'll need is a bright blue mascara, a few neutral eyeshadows (ELEMENT Palette), and a jet black liner. Easy, different and totally eye-catching :)
Read more for the tutorial & Bonus: OOTD!
The Look: All about the eyes and blue lashes, supported with well-lit warmed up features, and a pretty pinky nude glossy lip.
BLUE Mascara looks best on brown eyes and can be worn alone as a funky daytime option or as an evening look when worn against a black smokey shadow or a graphic cat eye liner. Blue mascara can also be used as a tint over black mascara to play up blue or green eyes.
- NYX color mascara in Blue (worn)
- Other Options: Motives Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara in Midnight Blue
- Other Options: LA Splash Mascara in Perfect Storm
Products Used (EYES): use code MARYAMNYC when shopping for Motives to get free shipping
- Motives Mavens ELEMENT Palette (US / CA) use code MARYAMNYC for Free Shipping globally
- www.motivescosmetics.com/MaryamNYC -- US / CAN Shopping
- www.global.shop.com/MaryamNYC -- International Shopping
- Motives Eye Base
- Motives 15-Piece Professional Brush Set
- Motives Gel Liner in Little Black Dress
- Brows: Lancome Le Crayon Poudre in Brunet
- Lashes: Ardell Demi Wispies in Blue from HB Beauty Bar
- use code MaryamNYC to get 15% OFF
Simple, smokey cat eye & blue lashes tutorial:
- Apply Eye Base all over the lid. Use a small stiff crease and apply Aubergine eyeshadow directly to the crease.
- With a larger, fluffy crease brush, blend out the edges of Aubergine using windshield wiper motions.
- Apply Serene eyeshadow to the crease using a flat brush. Add the shadow to the center of the lower lash line.
- With a small detailing brush, apply Raven to the outer corner and lower lash line.
- Rim the waterline with Little Black Dress gel liner, line the top and bottom lash lines connecting them at the corners. Extend the outer wing.
- Curl the lashes and add 2-3 coats of blue mascara. Optional: apply blue false lashes to intensify the effect and add mascara to blend the false lashes with your lashes.
Products Used (FACE): use code MARYAMNYC when shopping for Motives to get free shipping
- Motives Mavens SCULPT Series Cream Contouring Palette in FIRE -- "Ignite" shade to highlight the tops of cheekbones;
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 320N
- Graftobian Yellow Powder to set
- Highlight: Motives Mavens Shell eyeshadow from Motives Mavens ELEMENT Palette
- Blush: Motives Mineral Blush in Pink Mauve
- use code MARYAM to get a discount on any set
Top: Nasty Gal
Belt: India Trend
Shoes: Nasty Gal