Bonjour mes amis!! There's something about the early fall season that puts me in the mood for cozy flannels and a grungy color palette. Come October, I'll be well over the trend and back to my usual mix of nudes and brights, but for the meantime, I'm all about embracing autumn in its full glory. Today, on ze blog: soft, velvety smokey eyes paired with matte lips and a modern twist on a throwback outfit inspired by the 90's music scene. It's taking me back to my school days and how I wished to have looked if I were an adult at the time!
Read on for more makeup deets & OOTD!
The Look: Soft & smokey eyeshadow with a touch of burgundy velvet on the lids, smoldering lash lines with a subtle wing, wispy lashes and naturally filled in fuller brows. Lips are matte and natural with a hint of pinky nude.
- Motives Eye Base
- Motives Mavens ELEMENT Palette (International SHOP click here)
- Bordeaux -- lid
- Truffle -- crease / lower lash line
- Native -- transition (blending)
- Shell -- brow bone / inner corner
- Raven -- outer v
- Motives Luxe Precision Liner in Jet Black -- top lash line
- Motives Waterproof Eye Pencil in Black Magic -- waterline / lower lash line
- BROWS: Kelley Baker Brow Powder in Brown
- LASHES: House of Lashes "Siren"
LIPS: NYX Cosmetics soft matte cream in Zurich mixed in with Cannes, worn over Neutral lip liner.
Top: Guns 'n Roses (homage to ♥Axl♥) from Hot Topic
Flannel Button-Down: Nasty Gal
P. S. Here's another Fall makeup idea / tutorial on my YouTube channel!