Hi beauties and Happy October 1!! My birth month is here and I've got so much on the agenda:
October is breast cancer awareness month, so throughout the month I'll be sharing all the ways you can get involved, tell your stories of survival or support and help raise awareness by joining the many brands that are spearheading these campaigns.
This month, you can also expect at least a look or two for Halloween (my fave holiday) and I'm happy to take requests, so feel free to leave me a comment. I have a few tricks up my sleeve, so I'm hoping to surprise you!!
Today, on ze blog, I'm kicking it off with a simple look fit for #WearableWednesday. I'm going for a bright purplish-pink pout and taupe smokey eyes to offset my "crisp and chill" outfit of the day.
Check out today's look and makeup tutorial
The Look: Taupe smokey eyes with a hint of shimmer, paired with bright matte lips, sculpted featured and luminous skin. Hair is tied up in a messy bun to bring attention to the face.
Necklace: Celestine Jewelry
LIPS: Lime Crime "Utopia" Velvetine
Products Used (SKIN):
- Motives Mavens Sculpt Series "FIRE" Contouring Palette (used to contour / highlight)
- Motives Mineral Dual Foundation in Neutral Medium
- Motives Shape & Sculpt Duo (used to set contour / highlight)
- Motives for La La mineral blush in Envy
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, Motives Cosmetics is partnering with EARLIER.ORG to help create awareness and promote early detection of breast cancer for increased odds of survival. Join the conversation and share your stories! Participate in our #kissesforhope campaign by sharing your survival or supporter stories on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #kissesforhope. Click here to read more.
Taupe Smokey Eye How-To using Lancome "Taupe Craze" Palette:
- Prime the lid with Lancome La Base Aquatique in Nude. Use brush #23 and apply the lightest shade from the "Taupe Craze" palette directly under the brow and blend down.
- With the flat concealer brush #8, apply the matte taupe middle shade to the entire eye socket area, leaving the center of the lid blank.
- Smoke out the taupe shadow by blending out any harsh lines with a clean blending brush #17. Use windshield wiper motions to "erase" and circular motions to "spread" the shadow.
- Add the charcoal shade to the outer corner of the eye using brush #16.
- Clean off brush #8 and apply the shimmery pinkish shade to the center of the lid.
- Line the top lash line with Black Fishnets gel liner and add mascara or falsies to complete the look.