Hello my beauts!! It's been a crazy hectic couple of days filled with makeup, meetings and holiday parties, but don't think I forgot about y'all. This beauty blog space is very important to me and I'll always come back to it, no matter what! I'm excited to share with you guys everything that I've been working on thus far, but for now, all I can say is that it's going to be a massive 2015. I'll try to throw in more hints and details in each post, so make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page ;) I can't wait to reveal all the details!!
Since I've been so busy, today is a three-for-one (updated). I'm showcasing three of my latest and greatest holiday creations that I've worn throughout the week to various Christmas & Hanukkah functions. Of course, these looks can be adapted and worn to any event and I totally encourage you to do so. P. S. Make sure you're following my Instagram page, you will see all my of-the-moment makeup looks there first!
Read more for products, details & tips!
Look #1: "Hanukkah Colors" Dramatic Cut-Crease
The Look: Sharp, duo-tone blue liner and exaggerated wing contrasting against a dramatic cut-crease which separates the space between the lash line and the brow. The cut-crease technique is great for achieving a larger lid space and is especially flattering on smaller eyes, monolids or hooded eyes.
TIP: To make this look more wearable, skip the blue lower lashes and taper the cut-crease by bringing the line down to the outer corner instead of extending it in a wing-style.
TIP: Pair this look with neutral glossy lips or nude lipstick to bring all attention to the peepers.
- Motives Cosmetics Eye Base
- Motives Mavens ELEMENT Palette (code: MARYAMNYC for Free Shipping)
- Shell eyeshadow (lid)
- Truffle e/s (cut-crease)
- Native e/s (blending)
- Birch e/s (clean-up)
- Lime Crime uniliners in Blue Milk (light blue), Azuli (bright blue) and Reason (silver)
- House of Lashes "Iconic" lashes
Look #2: Christmas "Grunge"
The Look: Smokey and smoldering lash lines in a wash of red eyeshadow on the eyes, vamp burgundy on the lips.
TIP: Lessen the "vamp-factor" by pairing the eyes with a true red lipstick. Increase the "vamp-factor" by adding a black vinyl lippie instead.
- Lime Crime eyeshadow helper
- Lime Crime "Venus" The Grunge Palette
- Muse eyeshadow (lid)
- Divine e/s (blending / smokiness)
- Icon e/s (lash lines)
- Aura e/s (brow bone)
- Ardency Inn Modster Liner in Black
- House of Lashes "Noir Fairy Brown" lashes
- LIPS: Colour Pop x Ellarie "Ellarie" lip liner & lipstick
Look #3: Twinkle Eyes
The Look: neutral, sparkly eyes and wispy lashes.
TIP: Pair this soft neutral makeup look with a bold red or wine lippie for a holiday look that's fit for any occasion.
- Urban Decay NAKED Palette
- Buck eyeshadow - crease
- Naked e/s - transition
- Virgin e/s - highlight
- Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette
- Tease e/s - outer crease
- Blackout e/s - outer v
- Verve & Suspect e/s on lid
- Tarte Cosmetics gel liner
- MAC reflects gold glitter
- Flutter Lashes "Ashley" lashes
Hint: This week at Lancome USA Headquarters :)
Q: Which look is your favorite?