Hey dolls! Happy Friday! The winter season is here and as many of you know, I absolutely despise the cold and usually never care much for winter fashion or beauty. I am one of those true home-bodies during the winter weather and would happily hibernate for 3 months straight if I had the option. This year, however, my January is busier than ever before, and I don't have the liberty to stay at home like I used to. Plus, I'm older and have a ton more responsibilities to take care of, so a girl's gotta do what a girl's got to do lol... As always, I'm heavily inspired by my environment, so instead of sulking and whining about the cold, I've chosen to embrace it and dress it up -- winter bunny style!! Today's makeup and fashion post is inspired by the flurries, the ice queens, and the snow divas that make it work no matter the season!
Read more for winter fashion, diva makeup & tutorial!
My fool-proof winter outfit
The Look: Cozy and comfortable, yet lady-like and elegant. This simple, high-contrast ensemble is easy-enough to wear and leaves plenty of room for dramatic makeup.
- Coat & Snood: Club Monaco
- Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
- Gloves: Michael Kors
- Boots: Sam Edelman
Friday Night Winter Makeup: The dreary grays of winter weather make me especially eager to play with color and wear my makeup to the max. In this look, I'm pairing frosty blue smokey eyes with voluptuous matte lips and glowing rosy cheekbones for a fun, dramatic look that's perfect for a Friday night.
Products Used (SKIN):
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H foundation -- my top pick for winter skin, this foundation offers excellent full coverage with a natural, dewy finish
- Dermablend Setting Powder
- Motives Cosmetics pressed blush in "Pretty in Pink" -- gives a natural winter flush when used on the apples of the cheeks
- Motives Cosmetics pressed bronzer in "Miami Glow" -- worn here across the forehead, down the nose bridge and on the cheeks to add warmth and glow
- Dose of Colors baked highlighter in "pearl Dust" -- used on top of cheekbones
- Motives 10 Years Younger Makeup Setting Spray -- excellent hydrating makeup setting spray
LIPS: Lime Crime "Red Velvet" Velvetine worn over Bodyography "Crimson" lip liner
Products Used (EYES):
- Motives Eye Base
- Motives Mavens ELEMENT Palette (use code MARYAMNYC to get FREE SHIPPING when shopping for Motives)
- Motives Pressed Eyeshadow in Twilight
- Motives Fantasy Palette (Light Blue shadow)
- Motives 15-piece professional brush set
- LASHES: Dose of Colors "Double Dose" lashes
Blue Smokey Eye Tutorial:
- Apply Motives Eye Base on to the lid and up to the brow bone. Using a detailing brush from Motives 15-piece professional brush set, apply "Raven" eyeshadow (ELEMENT Palette) to the lower lash line, outer corner and outer crease, creating a v shape.
- With a fluffy brush, blend out the edge of the shadow using small circular motions, then take "Aubergine" shadow (ELEMENT Palette) and use windshield wiper motions to apply the shade to the crease area. Blend well.
- Apply "Twilight" single eyeshadow to the outer half of the lid with a flat eyeshadow brush.
- Use a flat brush or small concealer brush to apply a light blue shadow (Fantasy Palette) to the inner half of the lid and inner corner.
- Highlight the inner corner with "Shell" eyeshadow (ELEMENT Palette) and brighten up the brow bone with "Birch" matte vanilla shade.
- Apply mascara and false lashes to complete the look.
What's your favorite winter look?