Hey beauties! If you follow me on Snapchat, you've probably witnessed some of my ritualistic wine twirls, tastings and sips as a reward after a long production day. I admit, I do love to unwind avec un verre -- who doesn't? -- and find it so relaxing after work. Ever so often, Lee and I get to enjoy a bit of business with pleasure when wine and work cross paths. Today is one of those lucky days and I'm so excited to introduce my love for wine to my beauty blogging venture. Before I tell you about my summer special wine collab, let me take it back and explain why this is so up my alley!
My love affair for the beauty of wine started a few years ago when I spent some time living in Paris. I began to appreciate it not just for its taste or the good times, but also for the intricacies of wine making and pairing, not to mention the story that it told. Each wine has its own mood and attitude that can be interpreted through art, beauty and fashion. Today, I'm thrilled to announce my Summer Beauty collab with Chloe Wine, probably my most fun-filled collab to date! For the next few summer months, I'll be creating makeup looks, sharing outfits and video tutorials inspired by some of my favorite Chloe wines and today's post is the first look from the series, a coastal take on beauty and fashion, inspired by Chardonnay.
Read more for details, tips & pics
"Bronze & Nude" Coastal Beauty
The Look: Sophisticated, savvy and a bit intense. Modern with a romantic twist. Warm bronze shimmery shadows in a subtle elongated smokey shape are complemented with strong brows and well-sculpted features. Matte nude lips and highlighted cheekbones complete the look.
Chloe Wine Chardonnay tasting notes and inspiration: oak, citrus, apple, pear and creamy butter. Goes well with seafood and perfect for a coastal dining experience.
- TIP: Amp up the day look and transition to night by adding a stroke of brown cat eye liner and wispy false lashes. Wear to an outing, a brunch, or any summer soiree in the city.
"Bronze Shimmer" EYES How-To:
- Prep and prime lids and lower lash line using a shimmery taupe waterproof shadow.
- I used Sisley Phyto Eye-Twist in Taupe
- I used Urban Decay NAKED Palette
- I used Tarte amazonian clay waterproof liner in Brown.
- I used Benefit roller lash mascara and Flutter Lashes "Ashlin" lashes.
"Ombré Nude" Matte LIPS How-To:
- Line the lips with a nude lip liner.
- I used Motives Naked lip crayon
- I used NYX soft matte cream in London
- I used Dose of Colors matte lipstick in Sand
"Sculpted Glow" FACE How-To:
- Apply Foundation and concealer where needed to keep skin as natural as possible. Set with translucent powder.
- I used Clarins Everlasting Foundation in 112.5
- I used Dermablend translucent powder to set
- I used Make Up For Ever Pro Bronze Fusion in 30M
- I used Makeup Geek "Spellbound" blush
- I used Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Sculpt & Glow palette
The Outfit: Curve-conscious casual in shades of gray. Side-swept French braid and laced up strappy heels complete the look.
- Top: Nasty Gal
- Skirt: Anthropologie
- Heels: Pour la Victoire
And now, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my Friday with a glass of Chloe Wine Chardonnay and a buttery seabass entrée. What are your weekend plans and what are you sipping on?