Salut mes amis!! The week is almost over and for today's post, I've come up with an easy, ready-to-wear taupe and coral makeup look to take us into the weekend. This look is fun, flirty and perfect for the hot summer days, utilizing my fave neutral palette, Taupe Craze from Lancome, complemented with a pastel coral lip shade from Coloured Raine. This is the type of look that I wear on a daily basis and it's my go-to for enhancing sunkissed skin and relaxed summer style.
Read more for pictorial tutorial & deets!
"Taupe Craze" Smoked Out Cat-Eye
A TIP for Thursday: This "Taupe Craze" Smoked out Cat-eye is the perfect way to add a dose of glam to an everyday makeup look. With neutral shimmery taupes and spiky LE Lancome Show lashes by Alber Elbaz, this smokey kitty is easy to wear, playfully edgy and never boring!
Products Used (Eyes):
- Lancome Show by Alber Elbaz Limited Edition Eye Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in Taupe Craze
- Lancôme Show by Alber Elbaz Définicils Mascara
- Lancome Le Crayon Kohl in Black Coffee
- Lancome Show by Alber Elbaz False Lashes
- Lancome Large Shadow Brush #11 -- dense eyeshadow brush that's perfect for patting on the lid color
- Lancome Blending Tip Brush #16 -- the perfect contouring, blending and crease-defining brush
- Lancome Blending Shadow Brush #17 -- this brush is feather soft and perfect for blending crease shadows
- Lancome Round Angled Shadow Brush #23 -- this dense angled brush is cut at an angle, so it's great for precision application for larger areas like the brow bone
"Taupe Craze" Smoked Out Cat-Eye Pictorial-Tutorial
- Apply your primer and allow a few seconds for it to set. Using brush #23, apply the lightest highlighter shade above your crease, all over the brow bone and inner corner.
- With the #17 brush, apply the matte taupe shade directly to your crease and blend out the edges.
- Pat on the shimmery taupe shade all over the lid with the #11 brush and highlight the center and inner corner with the sparkly taupe (highlighter) shade from the palette.
- With the #16 brush, extend the outer wing using the darkest shade in the palette. Keep the shape smokey by blending the edges. Apply the same shade to the lower lash line.
- Define the lash line with the Black Coffee kohl liner and rim the waterline.
- Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes and add spiky lashes to complete the look.
For my lips, I used:
- Coloured Raine lipstick in Penthouse Sweet
- This stunning, unique color is hard to define, it's somewhere between peachy, coral, pink, salmon-ish, apricot, orange wrapped in pastel :)
...and the finished look -- I'm keepin' it neutral and easy :)
On my Face: Missha M Perfect BB Cream #27 mixed with #31 (my summer color)
*Some product/s in this post were provided for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com