Hey beauties! Told y'all I'm back ;) Today on ze blog: über dramatic makeup look inspired by Cushnie et Ochs FW 2015 fashion show at New York Fashion Week. I've been a bit underwhelmed with most of the NYFW beauty looks so far, that is until I saw this alien-esque mod vision by Maybelline. I was so impressed, I just had to recreate it for myself (and for you guys, here on the bloggy). Check out my original inspiration and the details of my version after the break!
Read more for pix, deets, etc.
Cushnie et Ochs beauty face chart by MUA Yadim for Maybelline
|Photo credit: WWD|
"Alien beauty -- with a reference to the Sixties", Yadim. The alien aesthetic was most apparent in the eyes: stark graphic liner with green metallic eyeshadow pressed on top. The artists added gloss on the lids minutes before the models went on the runway. The rest of the features were kept minimal and clean to bring all focus to the eyes.
|Photo credit: WWD|
I don't own any Maybelline makeup, so I tried to mimic the look with similar colors and products:
- Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 liner & shadow in Emerald -- used to draw out the shape
- Makeup Geek shadows:
- Envy (emerald) used on lid and lower lash line
- Stealth (matte gray) used on crease
- Bling (champagne) used on inner corner
- Sigma "Falling Softly" palette (gray shadows) used to blend out the transitions
- Eyeko black liner pen
- LA Girl Cosmetics gel liner pencil in Champagne -- used to etch out the negative space between lower and upper liners
- LASHES: House of Lashes "Temptress Wispy"
- Lancome les Sourcils Definis in Blonde
- Eyeko brow gel
For the rest of the FACE, I used:
- Missha M Perfect BB Cream #27 (on problem areas only)
- Tarte "Park Ave Princess" Contour, Blush, Highlighter Trio
- LIPS: Gerard Cosmetics "Crystal" gloss
What do you guys think? Yay or nay? Have you seen any runway makeup looks that you love and would like me to recreate? Let me know in the comments section below and don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel for video tutorials! Check out my Valentine's Day look below: