Hello my beauties!! Hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving and those who are still celebrating Hanukkah -- I wish you a joyous one!! The look I'm presenting today is festive and glittery, focusing on loads of sparkle and big, bright, blue eyes. I'm even wearing blue circle lenses for the occasion (my first time in contacts) and I'm using all Motives Cosmetics to create this fun, vibrant, unique look. If you have blue eyes, I urge you to try this one -- after all, it was made especially for you :))
Read on for products, tips & Tutorial!
The Look: Big, bright blue glittery eyes; sculpted brows, clean features and nude lips.
Circle Lenses: Eye Candy's GEO Mari Gold Blue
- 14.2 mm diameter giving a slight enlargement to the iris.
My Thoughts: This is my first time wearing lenses and I'm honestly a bit shocked lol... I look so different, I hardly recognize myself!! As a first time contact lens wearer, I must say, the feeling is unusual and takes A LOT of getting used to. I hear this sensation goes away after a while, but I can't say that I enjoy having something foreign stuck to my eyeball. At the same token, I do think that it's important for me to change up my eye color for makeup looks, especially to provide a visual for those of you who don't have brown eyes. So, please let me know if you have any requests!
On a side note, what do you guys think -- fun or freaky?
Products Used (Skin):
- Motives Color Perfection Quad in Medium (to conceal / highlight) and in Dark (to contour)
- Motives Cosmetics liquid powder foundation in Almond
- Motives Full Coverage Photo Finish Powder in Neutral Medium
- Motives Cosmetics Shape & Sculpt Duo
- Motives Cosmetics pressed blush in Flirt
Eyes: Cut-Crease & Pink Glitter Smokey Cat Eye
- Motives 15-piece professional brush set
- Motives Eye Shadow Base
- Motives Pressed Shadows in:
- Heiress (lid)
- Midnight (outer crease)
- Twilight (outer v)
- Cappuccino (crease)
- Vanilla (brow bone)
- Motives Khol liner in Electric Blue
- Motives Liquid Liner in Noir
- Motives Glitter Adhesive
- Motives Glitter Pot in Diamond
- HB Beauty Bar Ardell lash accents 305
- Cyber Monday 20% off code: cybermonday
- 10% off code: MaryamM10
Glitter Cut Crease Makeup How-To:
- Apply Motives Eye Base all over lid and lower lash line. Using a flat eyeshadow / concealer brush, apply Heiress all over and past the lid, concentrating on the inner 3/4 of the lid.
- Using Motives khol liner in Electric Blue, outline a half moon shape from the outer crease to the top lash line and shade in the outer v area. Blend out the product using your finger or a stiff brush. Line the outer 3/4 of the lower lash line.
- Clean off the flat brush and apply Midnight (matte navy) on top of the pencil liner. Blend out Midnight using Twilight (a shimmery navy shade).
- With a fluffy crease brush, apply Cappuccino to the inner crease and blend with Twilight in the outer crease. Add Vanilla eyeshadow to the brow bone to help blend out any harsh edges.
- Optional: Apply Diamond glitter on top of the lid shadow using glitter adhesive. Line the top lash line and complete the look with accent lashes and mascara.
Products Used (Lips):
Earrings: "Tabby" from Kiani Collection