Hello beauties! NY Fashion Week has come and gone, but the Fall 2014 trends are just beginning to emerge. This past week, I've been glued to the runways, cataloguing stand-out designs and trying out new looks. As you all may know, I'm a loyal Jason Wu follower, so I was thoroughly excited for his strong Fall collection and eager-as-always to recreate his signature high-drama makeup. This season, however, Mr. Wu surprised us all as he set out on a brand new mission: Effortless Chic and Minimal Makeup.
Perplexed? Don't be. Who needs the drama when you've got Adriana Lima and Jourdan Dunn?
Get Adriana's look below!
The legendary Diane Kendal, working her magic. Image: Allure
- The Artist: Diane Kendal
- The Look: Effortlessly Chic
- Makeup: Lancome
EYES: Softly-shaded with natural, curled lashes using
- Lancome Blush Subtil Palette All-In-One Contour Blush & Highlighter in Rose Flush or Plum Elegance (for darker skin tones)
- Lancome Artliner24H in Black Diamond on the top lash line only
- Lancome Modele Surcils Brow Groomer in Naturel
- Lancome Le Curler
My adaptation & Tutorial: Sticking to Jason Wu's vision, I kept my version clean and simple. I used all the original products listed above, plus Lancome Hypnotic Eyes Palette in Beige Brulee for the brows and crease color. I added a dose of drama with a slightly longer cat eye and Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara.
Jason Wu Runway to Real Way Makeup Tutorial:
- Using a brow brush, define the brows and fill in any sparse areas.
- Prime the lids and apply a soft wash of the medium brown crease shadow to the crease and brow bone. Use a pointed crease brush to define the crease with a slightly darker shadow.
- Using a shimmery pale pink highlighter shade (Blush Palette), highlight the center of the lid and below the brow.
- Line the top lash line using Artliner 24H and extend the wing just a few mm's to give it a flirty flick.
- Clean up the brows by sealing them with Brow Groomer.
- Curl the lashes and add a coat of mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Simple and elegant
Clean and understated
Perfect for every day