Hey beauties!! I'm in the mood for color, and today I'm bringing back one of my favorite color combos, mint + purple, plus a step-by-step tutorial to help you achieve this look. I drew my inspiration from "Peacocky" -- one of the first looks I posted on my blog back in 2011, but I'm reinventing it using Motives Cosmetics and a fresh take on smokey eyes. I'm also including an "outfit of the day" to show you how I paired this vibrant makeup with my wardrobe.
Read more for TUTORIAL, OOTD & more pix :)
Up close & Personal
The Look: Vibrant, contrasting smokey eyes in mint & purple, pinky nude lips and well-sculpted, lit up features.
Use code MARYAMNYC to get free worldwide shipping when shopping for Motives Cosmetics.
Products Used (SKIN & LIPS):
- Skindinavia Oil Control Primer Spray
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation in 340N
- Motives Mavens Sculpt Series FIRE Palette to Contour and Highlight
- CLICK HERE To purchase the Sculpt Series Internationally
- Graftobian Yellow Powder -- used to set
- Motives for La La blush in Envy
- Motives lip crayon in Natural
- Motives lipstick in Pink Petal
Products Used (EYES):
- Motives Eye Base
- Motives 15-piece Professional Brush Set
- Motives Khol Liner in Amethyst
- Motives Pressed Eye Shadows
- Breaking Dawn
- Motives Fantasy Palette (Mint shadow)
- Motives Gel Liner in Little Black Dress
- Motives Glitter Pot in Diamond
- Motives Glitter Adhesive
- LASHES: House of Lashes "Pixie Luxe"
- BROWS: Billion Dollar Brows brow powder in Raven, Eyeko brow gel
Mint & Purple Smokey Eyes Tutorial:
- Apply eye base all over the lid and blend well. Outline the outer lash lines and outer crease with Amethyst kohl liner.
- Using a stiff crease brush, blend out the liner across the crease and lower lash line and add Ecstasy (matte purple) eyeshadow on top. Add a bit of Fantasy (shimmery grape) shadow to the center to give the shadow more dimension.
- With a fluffy crease brush, blend out any harsh edges of the purple crease shadow using windshield wiper motions. To blend out the outer corner, blend upward towards the tail end of the brow. Add Breaking Dawn (medium matte purple) eyeshadow to soften the gradient. Use a matte Vanilla eyeshadow to highlight the brow bone and soften the purple.
- Add more eye base to the lid and follow by patting on Mint shadow (Fantasy Palette) using a flat brush. Highlight the inner corner and inner lower lash line with the lightest shade from the palette and add Diamond glitter on top with the help of glitter adhesive.
- Line the top lash line with Little Black Dress gel liner and extend the outer wing ever so slightly.
- Add mascara and false lashes to complete the look.
OOTD: Vibrant makeup looks best against white or light clothing, as well as black or dark. The night was extra humid, so I went for minimal, light clothing and a slicked-back ponytail.
Custom distressed shorts: For The Highness
Top: Nasty Gal
Sandals: Nasty Gal