Salut mes belles :) Continuing with my count-down to Valentine's Day, today's makeup look is all about le sexy. With a little help from the latest Too Faced Boudoir Collection, I've put together a sensual, smokey cat-eye paired with plump lippies and a rosy flush to create a soft, yet noticeable maquillage that goes well beyond the bedroom. This "Boudoir Belle" is ready for the ball!
Read more for deets, pix, reviews & how-to's!
Boudoir Belle of the Ball
Products Used (EYES):
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Shadow Collection -- the latest collection from Too Faced Cosmetics, this gorgeous tin palette packs 9 signature shadows of varying finishes and includes 5 brand new exclusive shades. This sexy little collection can be used to create subtle daytime drama, as well as thrilling evening ensembles to make you the queen of the ball (or the boudoir) wherever you go!
- Sugar Walls (plummy taupe, sparkle finish) -- used on the lid
- Voulez-Vouz (brownish purple, shimmery finish) -- used to "cut" the crease
- Fuzzy Handcuffs (peachy brown, matte finish) -- used to blend the crease
- In The Buff (creamy off-white, matte finish) -- used under the brow
- French Tickler (matte black with gold sparkles) -- used on the outer corner
- Lap Dance (taupe lavender, shimmery finish) -- used on the lower lash line
- Satin Sheets (golden peach, shimmery finish) -- used on the inner corner
- Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on pencil in Zero-- used to line the top & bottom lash lines and the waterline
- Red Cherry Lashes #1 -- ultra dense, long, spiky lashes -- perfect for adding even more smokiness to a smokey eye look. Get this gorgeous pair for under $2 at HBwigs.com
Products Used (BROWS):
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Bold & Beautiful Kit Vol. 1 Bold Brows -- used to extend the brow and arch to match the longer shape of the eyeshadow. This kit includes a built-in tinted wax to keep unruly hairs at bay -- perfect for "reshaping" the brow tail.
Smokey Cat-Eye How-To:
- Prime the lids and allow a few seconds the primer to set.
- With a flat brush, apply Sugar Walls all over the lid and slightly past the crease.
- Using Voulez-Vous on a small detailing brush or a pencil brush, outline the shape of your crease a few mm's above your natural crease and extend the outer corner towards the edge of your brow.
- With a stiff dome shaped brush, blend out the crease using Fuzzy Handcuffs. Bring the color up, almost to your brow.
- Using a stiff angled brush and In The Buff eyeshadow, outline directly under the brow to highlight it. Blend the color down to meet with Fuzzy Handcuffs.
- Using the same detailing brush, outline the outer "v" and extend the outer corner using French Tickler.
- With a black eyeliner, rim the waterline and line the top and bottom lash lines. Extend the outer wing a few mm's. Smudge the lower lash line using Lap Dance eyeshadow.
- Highlight the inner corner with Satin Sheets.
- Apply the lashes or add mascara. Voila!
Products Used (FACE):
- Missha M Perfect BB Cream #27 Honey Beige -- I wanted a natural, barely there skin finish, so I went for my favorite BB cream to balance this Boudoir look. Though I must add, this BB cream has the best coverage of any BB cream I've tried!
- Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush -- This adorable heart-shaped box packs three shades of buildable, baked blush to transform your cheekbones into juicy apples. Swirl the rose, coral and peach shades for a sweet, natural-looking flush or use the shades separately to customize your look. I absolutely adore this product and can't say enough about it!
As a special bonus, I'm including a tutorial on one of my most popular requests: How to make lips appear fuller. Yay!
Full Lips How-To:
- Use a sugar scrub on a toothbrush to exfoliate your lips. Gently, pat the lips to dry.
- Apply a natural lip balm and press the lips together. I like Zen Society Vegan Lip Balm.
- Line your lips using a neutral lip liner like NYX lip liner in Natural. Fill in the center of your lips with a pale pink lip liner for a contoured, ombré effect. Press the lips together.
- Apply Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme and watch them plump in seconds!
*Some product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com