Hello my beautiful flowers!!! (<-- new name I thought of that is so much nicer than followers lol)...
Today's glittery look was created for NYE and my inspiration for the occasion was none other than a literal disco ball. New Year's Eve is one of those special days where More is More, so I decided to go all out with this one. I'm rocking BIG Hair, BIG Earrings, and BIG Sparkly, Gold-n-Glowing Eyes a la Diana Ross in her prime -- for this day, I say, it's only appropriate :)
I'm wearing my fave eye products from Motives Cosmetics, as well as Belletto Studio airbrush foundation (check out my current GIVEAWAY to win yours), plus a few goodies from great hair and jewelry companies!
Read more for Deets, Tips & Pix!
The Look: Gold Glitter Cut-Crease
The Look: Dramatic Cut-Crease Gold Glitter Eyes inspired by 70's icons. Strong brows; sculpted features and flawless skin texture.
Dress: Rachel Roy
Jewelry: emerald "door-knocker" earrings and bracelet from Kiani Collection
Hair: 22 inch Remy Human Hair extensions in Dark Brown from Bellami Hair
- use code Maryam for a discount
Skin: airbrushed using Belletto Studio airbrush and foundation 6Y (Dune); contoured using Anastasia Beverly Hills NEW Contour Kit
- Motives Cosmetics Eye Shadow Base
- Motives 15-piece Professional Brush Kit
- Motives Khol Eyeliner in Suede
- Motives Eyeshadows
- Motives Glitter Adhesive
- Motives Glitter Pot
- Pot of Gold
- Magic Dust
- Motives Liquid Liner in Noir
- House of Lashes "Dollface" lashes
- BROWS: Motives for LaLa Waterproof Mineral Eye Pencil in Dark Brown
Retro Glitter Cut-Crease Eye Tutorial for New Years!
- Apply eye base all over the lid. Using Suede liner, draw an elongated half moon shape halfway between the lash line and the brow. This line should be well above the crease to give the illusion of a larger lid. Line the lower lash line and extend the wing.
- Using a precision crease brush, apply Chocolight eyeshadow above the pencil line and blend the products.
- With a small detailing brush, sharpen and darken the line using Onyx eyeshadow. Blend the shadow up to create a soft gradient.
- Apply Vanilla eyeshadow directly under the brow and bring the color down to soften any harsh edges of the darker shadows.
- With a flat brush, apply Sunkissed shadow to the blank lid and add a touch of Pearl shadow to the inner corner.
- Apply glitter adhesive on top of Sunkissed and top with Pot of Gold glitter on the inner half and and Magic Dust on the outer half of the lid. Layer the two glitter shades in the center of the lid to blend the transitions.
- Staying very close to the lash line, paint a thin stripe of liner and wing it out. Remember: the thinner the liner, the larger the lid space. Line the center of the bottom lash line and add lash extensions a la Twiggy.
- Add mascara, false lashes and line the waterline with a nude pencil liner.
On my Lips: Motives for La La Mineral Lip Shine in Passion
Don't FORGET to Enter into my Month of Giving Aways GIVEAWAYS!!!