Hi girls, it's been a gloomy few days in NYC, so Lee and I have been locked up at home working on our latest video tutorial. We finished just in time and we're really proud of this one. The look is girly, sparkly and sunny -- great for a daytime summer event where you want to look a bit more than every day. I call it "Summer Sparkle" and I used mostly Motives to create this festive, easy makeup look.
P. S. For those of you who prefer pictorial tutorials, we've got you covered!! Read below!
Read more for VIDEO, step-by-step & more!
PRESS PLAY and let me know what you think!!
Don't forget to Comment, Rate and SUBSCRIBE :)
Products Used (EYES): use code MARYAMNYC to get FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE when shopping for Motives Cosmetics
- Motives Mavens THE ELEMENT Palette:
- Motives 15-piece pro brush set
- Motives Eye Base
- Motives Pressed Shadows in Gold Rush & Crystal Blue
- Mac Reflects Glitter in Reflects Gold
- Motives Glitter Adhesive
- Motives Glitter Pot in Pot of Gold
- Benefit Push-Up Liner
- Motives Liquid Liner in Noir
- Scott Barnes for Flutter Lashes Limited Edition lashes
- No name nude liner for the waterline
CHEEKS: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Captivating
Kevyn Aucoin "Vesuvian" gloss
FACE: Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 340N & 420N (to contour)
"Summer Sparkle" Step by Step Tutorial:
- Apply Eye Base all over the lid with the primer brush. Outline the crease using Native eyeshadow and darken the outer crease with Truffle eyeshadow.
- Blend out the edges with a clean fully brush.
- Darken the outer corner and lower lash line with Raven eyeshadow on a detailing brush.
- Use a flat concealer brush to apply Gold Rush eyeshadow to the inner half of the lid.
- Clean off the same brush and apply Crystal Blue eyeshadow to the outer half of the lid and center of the lower lash line.
- Mix Glitter Adhesive & Pot of Gold glitter and apply over the gold eyeshadow. Line the top lash line with Liquid Liner and apply falsies to complete the look.
Cool & Casual
OOTD: Keepin' it cool in bluesy neutrals, I went with a casual floral tank / high-wasted distressed shorts and added a few Boho accessories like a braided belt and closed-toe sandals.
Shorts: For The Highness
Sandals: Seychelles from PB & J Boutique