Hey, hey beauties!! 'Tis the season for holiday parties, so I've come up with this chic work-appropriate look that can easily transition for the after-hour office shindig. I'm sticking to non-traditional Christmas colors for this one and opting for blue (I actually wore it to a Hanukkah party). Blue can be a bit intimidating to some people and not just for the office, but in general, however, it's actually quite flattering when sticking to matte eyeshadows. Read more to see what I mean :)
Read on for products, tips & more pix!!!
The Look: Blue and Blonde
The Look: clean, luminous skin and coral cheekbones are emphasized with pulled-back hair and effortless makeup. The matte blue mini-smokey brings all attention to the eyes, which are complimented with neutral peachy matte lips.
Products Used (SKIN)
- Ardency Inn Americana Custom-Coverage foundation in Medium Golden
- Makeup Geek blush in Infatuation
- Dose of Colors Baked Highlighter in Peach Glow
- Motives Cosmetics 10-Years Younger Makeup Setting Spray (to give a dewy finish)
Products Used (Eyes):
- All Makeup Geek Shadows:
- Boo Berry -- lid
- Desert Sands (Vegas Lights palette) -- transition shade
- Peach Smoothie -- blending
- Bada Bing (Vegas Lights palette) -- outer crease / lower lash line
- Sin City (Vegas Lights palette) -- inner corner
- Vanilla Bean -- brow bone
- Drama Queen -- outer V
- NYX gel liner in Black
- Flutter Lashes "Kelsey"
BLUE EYESHADOW TIP: Pair the cool blue lid with warmer brown tones in the crease and the transition. I chose ochre, yellow gold and shimmery brown to help the blue pop! Yellow is opposite of blue on the color wheel, so choosing these undertones will make the blue stand out in a more flattering way.
Hair: Luxy Hair Ombré Blonde extensions
- HAIR TIP: Dress your pony tail for the holiday season by wrapping a section of hair around the base elastic, then secure in place. Brush out the baby hairs for a youthful, fresh appearance.
Earring: Celestine Jewelry "Crystal Leaf" earring cuff
LIPS: NYX Cosmetics lip liner in Natural, topped with NYX Cosmetics matte lipsticks in Temptress and Forbidden (mixed).
What will you wear to your next holiday party?