Salut mes amis! As the title of this post suggests, I am in love with this month's Glossybox! The August edition features two full sized products (Illamasqua Nail Varnish valued at $14 and Ellis Faas lip color valued at $35), making the $21/month subscription a steal -- just do the math!
Wanna know my favorites? Read more!
1. Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Purity -- full size
- As a lover of all things nail polish and nail art, I was thrilled to find this luxurious varnish in this month's box. The pale coral shade is versatile and wearable all year round. The formula is pigmented, opaque, and superbly glossy, resulting in full, flawless coverage in just 1-2 coats.
2. Touch In Sol Feel Like Honey Moon Skin Base -- deluxe sample
- This all-in-one perfecting moisturizer / primer is truly an innovative product. The clear gel firms, tightens and mattifies the face, while giving the skin a healthy luminescence and radiance. I tested out this product for a makeup photoshoot, and loved the way it made my skin appear in pictures. I also really enjoy the tiny gold flakes -- they remind me of that drink hehe...
- FYI: This deluxe sample is less than an ounce short of being full size
3. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum -- deluxe sample
- Since I'm on the "wrong" side of my twenties, the time has come for me to start taking a more aggressive approach to battling premature aging. I just recently started using an eye cream and must admit that I haven't yet developed a regimen for wrinkle prevention. I'm thoroughly excited about trying out this collagen boosting vitamin C complex, especially since it's received so much praise. Natural Health magazine has named this product a miracle worker and a winner in the beauty category, so I'm really thankful to Glossybox for including it in this month's package.
4. Ellis Faas Milky Lips in L204 -- Burnt Orange -- full size
- These long lasting lip products come in three textures: creamy lips (matte finish), milky lips (gloss finish) and glazed lips (touch of color). I received the milky lips in Burnt Orange, and though I don't think the shade works on me, I really like the quality of this product and am definitely intrigued to try out more colors and textures. The silver case is a tad long for my taste -- I prefer compact packaging -- but, it sure can double as a weapon for when I'm traveling alone at night... :p
What do you think? Yay or Nay for this Burnt Orange?
5. Biolage ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment -- sample
- Infused with a Moringa Oil Blend, this potion gives instant shine and weightless replenishment to all hair types. Just check out how shiny my hair looks in the pic above! I will most definitely be purchasing a full sized product. This stuff is addictive!
*GlossyMag, the Neon Issue, is full of inspirational makeup looks and products to try! I'm saving this one for my neon makeup bug :))
VERDICT: August's Glossybox includes two (almost three) full-sized products from high-end cosmetic brands, plus two deluxe samples from international skin care lines and a prestige hair care sample to die for. This box offers a variety of products that everyone can enjoy and is valued well over its monthly subscription fee. It may just be the best Glossybox yet, considering the range, quality, and usability of its items. In my humble opinion, Glossybox is truly superlative to any other subscription beauty sampling service and I continue to be impressed month after month.
Are you as impressed as I am?
*The product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com