Salut mes amis! It's the first day of April, but I'm not here to fool you, in fact, my blog is all about the opposite. I'm here today and every day to share my knowledge and spread the love for the art of beauty! With that said, it's Mani-Monday and today's theme is hand-painted nail art inspired by Spring, florals, pastels and glitter. For Spring, I'm incorporating softer pastel colors like Illamasqua's Nail Polish in Purity (a gorgeous apricot) and Shimmer Polish in Karen (a vibrant lilac glitter polish). For the flowers, I'm depicting some lilies, orchids and easy-to-paint daisies and painting everything directly on top of the glitter. I know this design may seem complicated to beginner nail artists, but it can be simplified and I'll teach you just how to do it :)
Hop on board!
- Duri Rejuvacote Base / Top coat
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Purity
- Orly Instant Artist Polish in Sky Blue (similar)
- Shimmer Polish in Karen
- Nailschic Micro Pens in White and Black
- Various Pink, Green, Orange polishes (not shown)
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- Apply two coats of dense glitter polish over the base coat and seal with top coat.
- Shimmer glitter polishes are beautifully dense, so full coverage can be achieved in two coats. To smooth out the surface of the glitters, a top coat is necessary before the nail art application. Some glitter polishes may require two coats depending on the size of the glitters.
Pair this funky mani with a buttery, pale orange lipstick like Lime Crime Cosmopop -- my favorite Spring lipstick and a near-perfect match to Purity Nail Polish! Lavender and peach is one of my favorite color combos and I'm so excited to finally be wearing it!
Happy Spring and Happy April 1st!
*Some product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com